Mother of all SCORES!!

We have one at our pool! Just ask Deguerre That is where he signed his beard...(Hint pour concrete slab with bolts coming up through the concrete) for easy removal. lol we also put a penny so you could see it the year we put it in.. Also find a cover they do rust...

We have one at our pool! Just ask Deguerre That is where he signed his beard...(Hint pour concrete slab with bolts coming up through the concrete) for easy removal. lol we also put a penny so you could see it the year we put it in.. Also find a cover they do rust...

That's what I was thinking. Concrete slab with bolts for easy removal later on if needed. It needs a coat of paint so I'll look for a cover after that. I've already picked out the place for it. Probably going to lay down some pavers and make grilling area. Now all I need is to find one of those big steel tables you find at parks too! Maybe a giant swing set........:biggrin1:

Congrats on the grill! We have one and love it. Ours is mounted on a disc so it some-what mobile. I found the disk on the Pilot Rock website, they carry some accessories for the park model grills.

Congrats on the grill! We have one and love it. Ours is mounted on a disc so it some-what mobile. I found the disk on the Pilot Rock website, they carry some accessories for the park model grills.

That's the company that made ours. I noticed they sell shelves for em. Might get one or just make a shelf for it. I noticed that they have a base with casters. With two kids I think I'm gonna go with the concrete slab so it doesn't tip over. Do you have a cover for yours?

Nope. Not any time soon. But I'm gonna set it up for easy removal. That thing will outlast ME! :twitch:

Today is a good day!

I was a Park Superintendent for a number of years for a Texas gulf coast city....in your climate, you might get a long time out of it.....but it seemed like we were always replacing these in our parks because of rusting out. Ours were sold by Miracle or Gametime.

Good luck.

I was a Park Superintendent for a number of years for a Texas gulf coast city....in your climate, you might get a long time out of it.....but it seemed like we were always replacing these in our parks because of rusting out. Ours were sold by Miracle or Gametime.

Good luck.

I'm thinking the same thing. As long as I take care of it and get a cover on it, it should last a long time. Which park if you don't mind saying?

Pilot Rock is better than Gametime or Miracle, heavier build, better welding. But, more costly. I prefer a concrete pad and bolts, versus the portable steel base, just a little more stable. You can prevent some rust with seasoning, but, they get dirty and disgusting (birds like to set on them) without a cover.

Out here in California, with moderate care, you see these units last 20 years, even near the coast, I have seen them go 10 to 15 with little problem.

What a great guy to give it to you for free! You're obviously a great neighbor, too, or he'd never have given it to you in the first place, Bob. What goes around, comes around. :thumb:

Back