• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Snowshoe roll call.

L

Lakeside Smoker

Anyone grilling in the Snowshoe Grilling Challenge this weekend in Abington, MA?
Lakeside Smokers will be there, stop by and say hi!

Mike

I'll be judging the Snowshoe... I can't wait I'm really hungry..
Good luck to everyone cooking...

we are there. no idea whtsoever we are making. mentally we are skiing not cooking yet...
nancee

Lakeside Smoker said:
Anyone grilling in the Snowshoe Grilling Challenge this weekend in Abington, MA?
Lakeside Smokers will be there, stop by and say hi!

Mike

nancee said:
we are there. no idea whtsoever we are making. mentally we are skiing not cooking yet...
nancee

I'm with you there Nancee. Just got back from three days at Stratton. Best conditions of the year by far.

I'm cooking solo at Snowshoe....

Have a great time and good luck to all !!!!..

I judged at Snowshoe last year...

If anyone is repping, my only comment would be, please do not allow sweet potato pie tartlets (in what appeared to be a pre-made crust) with chocolate covered cherries and cinnamon sticks to be allowed as a vegetable entry again !!!!!! The sweet potato was probably 2% of the makeup of the entire entry !!!

The Snowshoe was a BLAST!!!! It was great to see everyone. Congrast to I Smell Smoke!!! - Grand Champs!! And to everyone else who got a call.
I have some pics up on my web site, check em out. Go to my link below then click on the 'pics' page.

Mike
Lakeside Smokers

Overall
GC: I Smell Smoke!
RGC: Smokey Steve and the Hickory Boys
3. Feeding Friendz
4. Porkoholics
5. Dirty Dick’s Legless Wonders

Fish:
1.Uncle Jed’s BBQ
2. Feeding Friendz
3. Transformer BBQ
4. I Smell Smoke!
5. Q Haven

Sausage
1. I Smell Smoke
2. Uncle Jed’s BBQ
3. Porkoholics
4. iQue
5. Big Boned BBQ

Beef
1. I Smell Smoke!
2. Faux Pas BBQ
3. Dirty Dick’s Legless Wonders
4. Porkoholics
5. Transformer BBQ

Vegetable
1. I Smell Smoke
2. Smokey Steve and the Hickory Boys
3. Feeding Friendz
4. Big Boned BBQ
5. Dirty Dick’s Legless Wonders

Sorry Mike....

It was a great time. The weather was perfect, bright sunshine and in the 50s. Finished 7th overall cooking solo, pretty happy overall but could have been a lot better.

well, sunday went a LOT better than Saturday...

great day at Okemo Sunday...too bad I can't say the same about the contest!!! Worst in years. They hated everything we made without exception. Hopefully Brooklyn will go better and at least I won't be crazy enough to drive to Vermont after cooking all day!!!
Congrats to those who got called and another great event by the Lunchmeat crowd.
nancee

I'm with you there Nancee. Just got back from three days at Stratton. Best conditions of the year by far.

I'm cooking solo at Snowshoe....

The Snowshoe was a BLAST!!!! It was great to see everyone. Congrast to I Smell Smoke!!! - Grand Champs!! And to everyone else who got a call.
I have some pics up on my web site, check em out. Go to my link below then click on the 'pics' page.

Lakeside Smokers

Hey Mike, thanks for the pics, I love to judge but I sure miss the excitement when its call up time.
What did you place with the Rib Eye? I got it at my table. Just wondering how you placed with it.
Ray

Hi Ray,
Good to see you the other day!
I placed 10th with that rib eye. It looked good and tasted OK. I was making a veal demi, red wine reduction to put on the steak, but I spilt it!!!! So the taste was a little bland. What was you judge number?

Mike

I don't know the judge number, sorry. I don't think they tell us that...
But I do remember that it was lacking some moisture as in sauce. Also it was not all that tender , I looked over at one judge who was testing for tenderness by pulling it apart like brisket. It did not tear all that easy, but is that the true test for steak? I did like the appearance but it lacked robust beef flavor and that something extra.
To bad you spilled the Demi...
Ray

I agree I had some tenderness issues. I lost track of time and was getting real close to turn in. I didnt give the steak a chance to rest properly. I cut into it and juice went everywhere! I should have cut them a little thinner as well. Spilling the demi killed me on the flavor side too. Well...at least it looked good!! :p

Back