View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 09:25 AM   #5
cmwr
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludawg View Post
I don't practice safe BBQ I smoke with no protection no matter the equipment. Back in the day they used to call it Fire Management synonymous with the title Pit Master. All it's a work around for the masses to get a result and in some cases make up for a poor design. All the BS about it adding flavor & moisture to your food is well BS. It does require you to cook longer using twice as much fuel to get the same result compared to taking what the pit gives you and working with it. Others don't share this opinion and that is like my answer an opinion.
Bludawg makes a lot of valid points I agree with myself. I however do use a diffuser in one of my UDS's. It is strictly that! I have never used a water pan. Don't need it. Like Bludawg said it is BS. The meat will stay juicy as long as you don't overcook it without a stinking water pan. I use the diffuser so I can cook on any rack without worry of scorching my meat. I don't like to remove it one time and put it back in another time so I just leave it in for everything with excellent luck!
cmwr is offline   Reply With Quote