• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"Fatty!"[/size]
SaucyWench.jpg

SaucyWench's winning Pizza Fatty entry from the 2009 Fatty Throwdown!.

...as chosen by Ron L, the winner of the Breakfast Sandwich Throwdown!

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 10/8 through Sunday 10/17.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Midnight Central US Time on Sunday night 10/17.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules.

The voting will begin Monday 10/18 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Friday 10/22. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the Home Cured and Smoked Throwdown until Sunday night 10/10 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the In My Neck of the Woods Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Ah a gold old fashioned fatty throwdown. I can't wait for this :becky: I love showing my fatty off to everyone...

does it have to be pork?
Nope. As long as it is tubular in shape, and smoked, it is a fatty. This is per the creator of the Fatty, BigDog. Well, he is the person who named them the Fatty anyway. Prior to that I guess people just called them whatever they wanted.

So, seeing as the name "Fatty" originated on this very website, by one of our very own Brethren, then his word is final as to what constitutes a fatty.

I'll ask if he can come on here to provide the "exact" current definition. Yes, the definition has been known to change. You got a problem with that? Too bad!

Nope. As long as it is tubular in shape, and smoked, it is a fatty. This is per the creator of the Fatty, BigDog. Well, he is the person who named them the Fatty anyway. Prior to that I guess people just called them whatever they wanted.

So, seeing as the name "Fatty" originated on this very website, by one of our very own Brethren, then his word is final as to what constitutes a fatty.

I'll ask if he can come on here to provide the "exact" current definition. Yes, the definition has been known to change. You got a problem with that? Too bad!

I'll defer to the 'Dog, but to me it has to be pork since that's what Brother Smokey Pig used for the first fatty (which 'Dog subsequently named). There has to be some way to distinguish between a fatty and a meat loaf (which can also be tubular in shape and smoked). But, as always, let the voter decide!

I used to think it just had to be sausage (any meat so long as it's sausage), and anything else was a meatloaf. I guess the Dog has ruled that it does not HAVE to be sausage to be a fatty in his eyes. I suppose a meatloaf requires a binder, like egg, breadcrumbs, etc...maybe that's the difference? I dunno.:rolleyes:

Just so long as Smokey Al doesn't create another debacle!

I am looking forward to Gore's Bacon-wrapped Eggplant Fatty! Yum!

Anyone have the link to the first fatty? I'd like to see how it was born and others would too I'm sure.

IMO, anyone can buy a chub of sausage and smoke it ( although I make mine, same o same o). Beef, now, that requires a bit of skill and creativity:boxing:.

I so wanted to enter this one but just don't have the time. Party's and such this weekend. I don't see any entries though, I might have won on my very first try.

I'm still stuck in the bathroom and it will be a long time till that's over. and on top of that my computer is about to crash. Guess my camera will be the next problem I have. At least I can still imagine a fatty.:crazy:

Back