• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

replacement thermometer parts questions

cmwr

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I posted about my broken wireless grill thermometer yesterday. I decided to check on a replacement probe/wire. There is no brand name on my thermometer anywhere so I do not know what brand it is. A quick google search finds identical ones made by different manufacturers see links below to see what I mean.

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-CSG...0&sr=8-34&keywords=wireless+grill+thermometer

http://www.amazon.com/Grillmark-Rem...4&sr=8-20&keywords=wireless+grill+thermometer

Both the same model but by different companies. I bought mine at a local home and garden store. Do the probes need to be matched to the handheld or would a probe from either manufacturer work? If you zoom in you will notice there are slight differences in the probes on each although the handhelds are identical. Sorry for posting links guys.

It looks like what is sold under "Camp Chef", "GrillMark", and "Cuisinart" labels. I don't see replacement probes available under any of the later two manufactures sites, so I assume they are made by another manufacturer and then privately labeled.

Camp Chef Version

contact customer service at 1-800-650-2433 or order parts online under "cooking accessories"

Part # Name Price
LTRMP LTRM Thermometer Probe $5.99

Well just went to order and they only had one shipping option. Fed Ex for 11.99! Why can't they just ship USPS for 3-4 dollars. Ridiculous for a 4 ounce piece. It may be cheaper just to buy a new thermometer geesh.

Well just went to order and they only had one shipping option. Fed Ex for 11.99! Why can't they just ship USPS for 3-4 dollars. Ridiculous for a 4 ounce piece. It may be cheaper just to buy a new thermometer geesh.

You maybe right there.....

Or maybe browse and see if they have anything else that interests you. I bought jerky racks and a turkey cannon from them in the past. If you find something else and the shipping is the same it's easier to accept.

Probes generally have to match the product, you can get weird results if you don't. Many products have a common origin and are sold under different brand names though. I use the Maverick ET-732, Maverick will send you replace probes at a reasonable price. (They are also on Amazon for 11.99 with free shipping.)

Back