Brethern at the Jack not cooking

rweller

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I know a while back there was a thread for brethern that was going to the Jack but not cooking. Is there going to be a meeting place to get together for a meet and greet. Time? Place? if so. Thanks

My wife talked me into going, so will fly in on Fri and back out on Sun. Never been before, so let me know where to meet. KC Bobby and Big Creek Jeff are driving out also.

we're headed down that saturday for the festivities. i'd say look for brethren banners or familiar pits lol.

jack

Where is the Jack Daniel's invitational?:confused:I just realized that forum member RWeller must be a neighbor of mine here in Beardstown. We're only 15 sq. blocks.

My wife talked me into going, so will fly in on Fri and back out on Sun. Never been before, so let me know where to meet. KC Bobby and Big Creek Jeff are driving out also.

We spoke briefly about this at the Royal. If you're making the trip down, are you guys still interested in blocking for turn ins for Mr Bobo's Traveling BBQ Allstars? If so, we could use a few extra hands.

We spoke briefly about this at the Royal. If you're making the trip down, are you guys still interested in blocking for turn ins for Mr Bobo's Traveling BBQ Allstars? If so, we could use a few extra hands.

If they don't wear the cape and crown I'm calling a party foul.

If they don't wear the cape and crown I'm calling a party foul.

You would!

The question I have is whether you will be bringing any of that Opa's Jalapeno Sausage with you? I used that in a Low Country Boil this summer - dee-lish.

Gig - I'd love to, but I've already been asked by the Pickled Pigs. I played pit biatch and box runner the day they earned their Missouri bid.

I can't speak for Don but I'd guess he'd rather be doing something rather then sitting around. (I'm sure he'll be back on here shortly)

H yes, I'm all over that. I don't think the cape and crown will be making the trip though.

You would!

The question I have is whether you will be bringing any of that Opa's Jalapeno Sausage with you? I used that in a Low Country Boil this summer - dee-lish.

easy now.... Don't be cutting into my girls stash... :eek:

H yes, I'm all over that. I don't think the cape and crown will be making the trip though.

Just bring your good mojo, brother! (I wish I would have had the chance to taste the chicken and pork. The ribs and brisket were awesome at the AR). All right, you have officially been named a BBQ Allstar! Welcome to the Circus.

With Bobby running for Pickled Pig, we could still use another blocker to run the wedge with Don. We pledge bbq vittles and cold drinks.

I wish I could come down with ya'll, but I am completely, absolutely, and hopelessly out of vacation time. Have a safe trip and a great time!

Where is the Jack Daniel's invitational?:confused:I just realized that forum member RWeller must be a neighbor of mine here in Beardstown. We're only 15 sq. blocks.

Hey maxwell17, I live just South of Btwon in Shady Grove estates. Do you do any Comps? They just had the Backyard one at the elks right? I was at the Royal last weekend so I missed it. I mostly Judge but have helped a team at a few comps.

Any one have a meeting place, say Friday evening some time? I think Sat. will be to crowded from what I understand. This is my first tim there.

Just bring your good mojo, brother! (I wish I would have had the chance to taste the chicken and pork. The ribs and brisket were awesome at the AR). All right, you have officially been named a BBQ Allstar! Welcome to the Circus.

With Bobby running for Pickled Pig, we could still use another blocker to run the wedge with Don. We pledge bbq vittles and cold drinks.

Just add me to your team list, so I can go to the team dinner with you guys. If you need anything while you are there, let me know. I'll be flying into Nashville early Fri and can stop at Sams/Costco/RD or whatever they have there and bring it with.

Hey maxwell17, I live just South of Btwon in Shady Grove estates. Do you do any Comps? They just had the Backyard one at the elks right? I was at the Royal last weekend so I missed it. I mostly Judge but have helped a team at a few comps.

Any one have a meeting place, say Friday evening some time? I think Sat. will be to crowded from what I understand. This is my first tim there.
Hey! Don't do any comps. Really new to this stuff!I live on Walker ave. in the walker addition.Would love to get together to lear some stuff from you!I'm in the book under Doug and Janet Webb. Give me a call and we'll grab a cup of coffee to introduce ourselves! Doug

Just add me to your team list, so I can go to the team dinner with you guys. If you need anything while you are there, let me know. I'll be flying into Nashville early Fri and can stop at Sams/Costco/RD or whatever they have there and bring it with.

I'd love to be added to a team list too, and will be driving down Thursday evening or Friday morning. Also willing to pick up stuff for brethren. DMDon, FYI, there is a Sam's club and GFS at exit 78 in Murfreesboro. There is a real restraunt supply store between exits 64 and 66 if you need something you can't get at Sam's or GFS. There's also a small store that sells butt, picknic, and whole shoulder flor 0.88/lb with some frequency. Not right off the highway though.

dmp

Maybe a moderator can merge this thread and this one; http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69186
they appear to address the same subject.
Thanks.

Thanks QN, I knew there was another thread but couldn't find it. I go thtis from that thread.
Yes, the picnic pavilion is where the cook's meeting was last year. It would be an easy place for everyone to meet. I don't think anything is scheduled there after the parade. See you in Lynchburg.
Friday after the Team Parade. Look forward to seeing everyone.

Back