New Chubby Arrived

ErikH

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
My new G2 Chubby arrived this morning. Got it uncrated, threw some cheap casters on it, and got it fired up to burn out the inside, and got it seasoning on the inside now.

I can't wait to get some meat going in this puppy!

Attachments

• chubby1.jpg
    chubby1.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 334
  • chubby2.jpg
    chubby2.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 331
  • chubby3.jpg
    chubby3.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 330
Nice! Your gonna love the insulated vertical. So fuel efficient!

Enjoy I just did my first big cook this past weekend on mine! I love it!

I'm expecting mine to arrive in early June. I thought they were burgandy? Either way is fine though. Congratulations. Are you going to put it on a table or leave it on the casters? I'm 6'6" so i'm definitly looking for ways to raise it yet keep it mobile for comps. Any ideas???

AWESOME!!! I'm trying to convince the fiancé that we need one of these as we speak. How long was your waiting period? Do they charge a hefty fee to deliver it?

First version of the G2's were burgundy, then backwoods went to a black hammer finish powdercoating.

I made a cart for mine. My lowest rack is 37". Totally ergonomic

CB865919-37AF-48F9-9BDB-D7B2E7B594C4-7454-00000562D0E081DA_zps6ae7a0d0.jpg

I like that. Unfortunately I am not adept enough at welding to fabricate something like that.

AWESOME!!! I'm trying to convince the fiancé that we need one of these as we speak. How long was your waiting period? Do they charge a hefty fee to deliver it?

I waited about 10 weeks. Shipping was costly ($100) for liftgate delivery.

So whens the first cook? Do you know what you're gonna make??

Very nice brother, i've got my brand new g2 party going right now to practice before
first comp. with it this weekend. Enjoy and congrats...

Congrats on the G2!!

How many baby back slabs can you cook on it? I see you have a WSM so how d othe two compare?

How many baby back slabs can you cook on it? I see you have a WSM so how d othe two compare?

I haven't loaded the racks yet, but I should think 12 slabs of baby backs would be doable. With the standard configuration on the WSM, I was able to do six slabs, three on each rack, but I had to cut the slabs in half to get them to fit.

So far just from seasoning it, I can tell that it doesn't respond as quickly to damper adjustments as the WSM. I'm probably going to fill the water pan today and do another dry run without meat just to make sure I've got it down. Planning on doing either pork shoulder or some baby backs this weekend; I'm leaving the choice up to the wife.

being that it weights 4x as much as a wsm and is reverse flow, they are not nearly as responsive as wsms. on the plus side, once your up to temp, they are very stable

I haven't loaded the racks yet, but I should think 12 slabs of baby backs would be doable. With the standard configuration on the WSM, I was able to do six slabs, three on each rack, but I had to cut the slabs in half to get them to fit.

So far just from seasoning it, I can tell that it doesn't respond as quickly to damper adjustments as the WSM. I'm probably going to fill the water pan today and do another dry run without meat just to make sure I've got it down. Planning on doing either pork shoulder or some baby backs this weekend; I'm leaving the choice up to the wife.

Sounds awesome. I have two WSM 18s now so i can do about the same rib wise but you are correct, we have to cut them, which is not that big of a deal but I hate using rib racks lol One of these babys would be fun but I saw the price of 900 on the manufacturer website and then 1500 on another....

Back