A BBQ Brethren Event **NYS Championship. 4th annual Battle of The BBQ Brethren. August 7-8. Application is up ***

I'm in! I'm hoping to make the most of my last contest on Long Island. For those few who remember my first contest ever, I was thinking of bringing the La Caja China and cooking a whole pig for Saturday dinner ala Grill Kings! Whatcha think?
How could we we forget?? It was my first contest as well. I remember seeing your team all matching and thought to myself, how fruity are these guys?

Last edited:
How could we we forget?? It was my first contest as well. I remember seeing your team all matching and thought to myself, how fruity are these guys?

I didn't realize they were cooking and didn't meet SIDE until the next contest.

I just thought they were half-rate promotional guys for the clothing company hanging around the event to get the brand in front of a large group of people.

Hmmmm...looks like the newest "boy" band.

And Sean, shorts are coming, just for you! Nahhh...probably leave them at home....

I'm going to try to get a cheap flight out there (it's a 12 hour drive, no thanks!)... Anyone want a site slug for the weekend? That means I sit aournd your site, eating your food, drinking your beer and telling bad jokes.

I'm going to try to get a cheap flight out there (it's a 12 hour drive, no thanks!)... Anyone want a site slug for the weekend? That means I sit aournd your site, eating your food, drinking your beer and telling bad jokes.

tehres always room for a slug at our site. Guess i'll have to buy beer. :biggrin1::icon_blush:

Considering slugs never stay in one place for long. You're more than welcome to slide by and drink a few cold ones at the Nuttz house.

My wife has almost said "just go"... it may be a go!

You know the game... Nag the chit out of her till you get your trip to NY :becky: Better yet bring her with you and have spend a nice weekend together! :thumb:

I got rid of the two cookers on the right side of that picture shortly after. Oddly enough, the cheap square grill in that picture originally belonged to Booby Flay, used for morning show demos before he broke through on Food Network. The t-shirts were free courtesy of my old job.

yeah i guess, it would be an improvemnt from the 18th he got last year:icon_smile_tongue::icon_smile_tongue:

Is that true? All of my scores are buried in the attic for walkthroughs by the realtors. Last years chicken was awesome but my pork was ri-sick-u-lus! The reality of leaving long island is finally sinking in and it hurts.

Is that true? All of my scores are buried in the attic for walkthroughs by the realtors. Last years chicken was awesome but my pork was ri-sick-u-lus! The reality of leaving long island is finally sinking in and it hurts.

Where are you moving to ?

It's looking good so far... and if I can make it, and Clint does a whole pig, I am making some infused vinegars with home-grown herbs that I'll send out to someone (can't carry them on, as I might blow something up with the vinegar)... it's great to inject while it cooks.

Back