Releasing Derek's House Dr Pepper BBQ Sauce Recipe!

Not sure what a mesosphere is either, but I think he meant emulsify?

Anyway, it looks interesting enough to give a try! For those who asked about reducing heat, I would just start with no peppers and add a little at a time until it suits your taste.

I might just hae to whip up a batch this weekend!

Derek,
When you say "makes six jars", what size jar are you talking about???
The 13 oz Jars, Let me post a picture of it tomorrow with a ruler ok?

Updated Tuesday April 27Th

Next batch will have Makers Mark single bottle whiskey in it, unless I can find that EAGLE stuff that I had at eagle!

The judges batch.

A little update 10:53 am, May 8th.

Here's the progress of my sauce for the judges Batch.

( a lot more salt has been added about a tablespoon full of it for the whole batch. )

The new judges batch ( more flavor more salt added )
860526920_7vPmw-L.jpg

&

860526813_24STm-L.jpg

&

860526832_yS4eM-L.jpg

The tomatoe sauce
860526946_nZa6g-L.jpg

The pepper pot cooking.
860527036_qdzCW-L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Update, May 8th 1051pm...

I've found 20 year old balsamic vinegar.. and I had to buy another thick Worcestershire sauce.

861098781_JNNX9-L.jpg

With the aged stuffed in there including Knob's creek whiskey, I have a MUCH bolder flavor in the sauce now.

Also I have more of a bite, but it goes away in an instant each time. The batch didn't get any salt. But yet it's still more tasty then my last batch...

was thinking about trying this this weekend, just lookin for a response from those who have tried it ,is it worth making???

was thinking about trying this this weekend, just lookin for a response from those who have tried it ,is it worth making???
Start reading at page 1, Bro,

See if you like it. and if you do make some up, let me know how you like it.

This looks great Derek...:thumb:

Two quick questions:

1. Do the addition of more bourbon do anything to the taste (you know, using more than one "airplane" bottle)?

2. As my wife has to eat gluten-free, would corn starch be ok for this receipe? What type of starch do you actually use?

Thanks.

This looks great Derek...:thumb:

Two quick questions:

1. Do the addition of more bourbon do anything to the taste (you know, using more than one "airplane" bottle)?

2. As my wife has to eat gluten-free, would corn starch be ok for this receipe? What type of starch do you actually use?

Thanks.
1. Tt's a half of a cup of your fav Bourbon!

2.Check out Cream of Tar - Tar and or Arrow root, They both do the same as Corn starch. ( Might want to check amazon.com for gluten free starch )

Or don't put any in, It's only a thickening agent.

Let me know if you have any more questions ok?

1. Tt's a half of a cup of your fav Bourbon!

2.Check out Cream of Tar - Tar and or Arrow root, They both do the same as Corn starch. ( Might want to check amazon.com for gluten free starch )

Or don't put any in, It's only a thickening agent.

Let me know if you have any more questions ok?

Dude...cream of tartar is not a starch or a thickening agent. Cream of tartar is an acid and you would use it to fluff up a meringue since egg whites are a base and you would use it in a number of other applications like this. One other thing I do with it is mix it with baking soda in a glass of water for an upset stomach…makes it all bubbly kinda like a poor man’s alka-seltzer .

Dude...cream of tartar is not a starch or a thickening agent. Cream of tartar is an acid and you would use it to fluff up a meringue since egg whites are a base and you would use it in a number of other applications like this. One other thing I do with it is mix it with baking soda in a glass of water for an upset stomach…makes it all bubbly kinda like a poor man’s alka-seltzer .
Thanks for the Reminder.

By the way Arrow root is a derivative from grapes, I read that on the back of the package, So the gentleman could use that as a thickener for his wife.

but I would feel better if he researched it online, Also "www.saltwatchers.com" has gluten free starch...

When my wife needs thickening...arrowroot is the first thing I think of.:)

Thanks for the Reminder.

By the way Arrow root is a derivative from grapes, I read that on the back of the package, So the gentleman could use that as a thickener for his wife.

but I would feel better if he researched it online, Also "www.saltwatchers.com" has gluten free starch...

Cream of tartar is a byproduct when making wine. Arrowroot is the starch obtained from the arrowroot plant’s tubers.

Sillius Sodus,

Check out the first 50 or so pages of "The Allergy Self-Help Cookbook."
Will give you a run down of different things you can replace flours that contain gluten with and their properties.

These are the flowers that contain gluten:

Spelt
Wheat
Kamut brand
Rye
Oat
Barley

Flours that do not contain gluten:
Amaranth
Arrowroot
Brown Rice
Buckwheat