View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 01:17 PM   #9
Westexbbq
somebody shut me the fark up.

Per mapquest Sparky's is about 2.2 miles from my office so I decided to swing by today around noon.
Introduced myself and Sparky, aka Mark Semprebene came out from the kitchen and gave me the ol 'cooks tour'. He's using an Oyler from Mesquite, Texas and burning oak and maple.
He is not directly affiliated with the bar (formerly Sportspage) and the place definitely has potential.
Mark himself said he is staying under the radar at this point and they are just starting up and will take a while longer before the word should get out "officially" (in my opinion.)
Mark is a nice guy and you will recognize him from Grill Kings for sure.
Pigtrip, your spring roadtrip will probably be very timely.
Meanwhile, feel free to stop by and say hi. I grabbed a sliced brisket sandwich to go to bring back to the office and it was pretty tasty.
Dos centavos for now.
Texas International Pop Festival, Labor Day 1969.
IMBAS Certified.
Just roll me up and smoke me when I die.
Always remember, no matter where ya go,
there you are.
I wanna tell you 'bout Texas radio and the big beat.
Someday, I hope to visit Penelope.
Hondo Crouch, Famous Late Mayor of Lunkenbach, Texas who advocated a 'dillo diet: "You can eat nothing but armadillos for a month, but you will have to run down and catch all the armadillos you eat and it can really take the weight off!"

Westexbbq is offline   Reply With Quote