• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My New Stick Burner is Starting to Take Shape

I went and did the final inspection of the fabrication yesterday. This will be the last I see of it before delivery, so unless he sends any more pics the last pics I will upload as well. Burn in will happen today and then if that goes OK painting tomorrow. I will get it next Friday if all goes according to plan. The welds still need cleaned up (along with some other detail work like insulation molding), and there are some things not in the pics (grates, firebox lid, etc).

That sure is looking great!
I'll bet you're really excited to get it home and get to smokn'

Looking good! Can't wait to see it all put together and painted!

A.J. nicknamed it the "USS Christoper." I'm thinking that name might stick.
LOL!!! It is huge and long!!!

1203864_o.gif

Nice work. Did you take it to your work for the water jet and large brake. Aso, will you paint it or powder coat.

AJ (the fabricator) has a laser cutter and outsources his plate forming work.

Nice work. Did you take it to your work for the water jet and large brake. Aso, will you paint it or powder coat.

I did not do the fabrication. If I took it to my work, I would get arrested (I work in an office building :wink:). As for paint, he uses high heat (1200 degree) Rust-Oleum.

That unit is very impressive! That is a lot of smoker. You can keep a restaurant supplied with a lot of nice smoked food with a unit like that.

Ed

You are going to have to make a trip up and see it in person one of these days Ed.

I have a feeling this thread might see some action tomorrow...if Chris isn't too busy playing. :mrgreen:

Back