2018 Texas Fall Bash Planning

I can do pork shoulders here, if I can heat them back uo on someone's cooker. Just let me know if I need to.

I'm still trying to decide what to bring. I'm not able to smoke out in the rain, because of my chair's electronics, but it looks like i'll have one day before hand to do long cook items - my thought was to do something that I can cook there, if there's space on a cooker. If this doesn't work out, I can always pick up McRibs at McDonalds. LOL

Mmmmmm McRibs! :mrgreen:

I'm planning on doing a couple of butts there. Kinda embarrassed that I'm bringing store bought sauce since cueball is making Carolina sauces! Anyway we have back up if needed. I did pick up some house Autry hush puppy mix to make them and stuff with pork. I can cook a loin and chop up for them if you have your heart set on cooking pork Dan.

I'm planning on doing a couple of butts there. Kinda embarrassed that I'm bringing store bought sauce since cueball is making Carolina sauces! Anyway we have back up if needed. I did pick up some house Autry hush puppy mix to make them and stuff with pork. I can cook a loin and chop up for them if you have your heart set on cooking pork Dan.

Sauce? We don't need no stinking sauce. :blah:

Got to the Belton Texas Fall Bash a bit later than I wished yesterday, but MAN!!!! What a great bunch of people and what a great time!

Thanks to Paul and Hotch and all who organized the event. It was super. I think there were at least 50 folks there and maybe even more because a few showed up about the time everyone was packing up.

Being the world's worst with names, i'll not embarrass myself trying to recall all those I met. I will mention Ag76 and Toast and chambersuac and, of course, Paul and Hotch and Dennis who came all the way from South Carolina.

Nice to meet all of you. Thank you for making yesterday a great day overlooking Lake Belton.

Dennis has a great pre-bash event over at the other side of the dam where his trailer was the evening before too! That prime rib with Q-salt was awesome as was everything at the bash too!

Back