HOT HOT and fast pulled pork pron

LT72884

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Rotisseried the pork at 475 for one hour. Rubbed with yellow mustard and Sinder pit sweet and spicy. SInder pit is made by a new friend in southern utah who is selling it and trying to get it to become commercialized. Its a FANTASTIC rub for pork.

After the 475 roast i put in an aluminum pan with a cup or so of apple juice and finished at 300. total time for 5.5 pounds is 2.5 hours.

(thats butter on the roll)

Patio dadio has a blog post on cheater pulled pork. I read it a while back and so i decided to try it out with a few variations. Thanks John for the tips!
here is the pron:

GEDC0731.jpg

GEDC0733.jpg

GEDC0734.jpg

GEDC0737.jpg

GEDC0740.jpg

GEDC0742.jpg

It all looks fantastic (except the mayo).

Interesting technique. Thanks for sharing.

Nice job LT, good looking sandwich. I normally do not put mayo on pulled pork, but. the pork looks great

oh, butter, that is better. I normally don't put butter on my pulled pork sandwich...more bout the sauce?

Yup its butter. i like the smooth rich taste butter gives to the sauce. its really really good though. had to re season the meat with the rub cuz the juice washed it off in the pan. but thats ok.

I did not mean amazing the way you are thinking. In my opinion butter and pork do not go well together. Chicken is another story. But, if you like it that's all that matters.

Looks good and in 2.5 hrs that's great! I would think the butter would give the pork a good "mouth feel" especially if the pork was dry. (not sayin urs is dry) I'll have to try that out.:thumb:

How about some info on the sauce, how long have you been working on it?

i have been workin on it for the last year. Its called Lt's sweet and sassy

or Lt's Pig Spit! I originally was gonna name my rub pig spit but then i figured that spit is a liquid so i named the sauce that and the rub my be Pig Schitt! hahaha

Its really good. I use honey and dark brown sugar as the sweetner. I use chipotle hot sauce and other stuff in it.

BTW Matt, great looking pork and pics!

thanx. I was trying to get the fire low and slow but that blkow up in me face! it was 20*F out side this morning when i started it so i used a 1/3rd of a chimney for the lit fuel and that was a no go. i hit 475 for an hour WITH the intake vents closed.

Im doing ribs on friday in the UDS and im scared now cuz if a third of a chimney sky rocketed to 475, well, then im gonna have to cut back to like 15 pieces of briqs for the UDS.

I'm good with the butter. Butter is like bacon, it makes almost anything better.

thanx. I was trying to get the fire low and slow but that blkow up in me face! it was 20*F out side this morning when i started it so i used a 1/3rd of a chimney for the lit fuel and that was a no go. i hit 475 for an hour WITH the intake vents closed.

Im doing ribs on friday in the UDS and im scared now cuz if a third of a chimney sky rocketed to 475, well, then im gonna have to cut back to like 15 pieces of briqs for the UDS.

Kettles are not really designed for doing low and slow, my bro. In a UDS with a heat diverter, it's easy. The proximity of the hot coals to the meat is the key. In a Kettle they are way too close to the meat. Low and slow is accomplished with indirect heat.

Last edited:
Back