• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Help Big Mista Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't place in People's Choice. My guess is my folks didn't know where to vote. Hell I didn't know where to vote. Used to be that we collected our own People's choice tickets. If those blue slips were floating around everywhere and folks could get them without buying tickets then well...
With the line you had hopefully you went home with something more than BBQ in your wallet.

Didn't place in People's Choice. My guess is my folks didn't know where to vote. Hell I didn't know where to vote. Used to be that we collected our own People's choice tickets. If those blue slips were floating around everywhere and folks could get them without buying tickets then well...

The only other time I've been to a PC contest was that one by the Queen Mary last year and the process at that one made a lot more sense. You got a PC vote ticket with your entry ticket. You only had one, and you gave it to the vendor you were voting for.

At Santa Anita there were stacks of blue vote slips sitting loose on the table where the food tix were being sold. There was a row of boxes with vendor's names and you put the slip in the box for the vendor you were voting for. Not a good system at all IMO.

I missed a couple of vendors, but based on what I was tasting and the fact that you didn't place tells me something was seriously amiss. From other vendors I was seeing MOINKs that were burnt on one side and raw on the other, BBQ that had little to no smoke flavor, chewy ribs, stringy pulled brisket, etc. A couple of the other vendors were good, but like I mentioned before, I was very surprised at what was getting put out by some of the other ones. We had to go back to the Big Mista stand to get our taste buds straightened out.

Any news on the restaurant? :hungry:

Happy humpday, step up to the plate?

Are you suggesting that we eat Joe?

9k=
bbq%20camel%20kashgar.JPG

http://www.gofundme.com/6ok0tc
9k=

Thank you Matt Comiskey (whoever you are... linkedin makes me believe that you are from the great state of NY, not certain if a Brethren) for the recent donation

It was almost an entire week since the last one... hopefully this is the start of another run

http://www.gofundme.com/6ok0tc

I found this thread on page 4.

Man, there are a buncha posts in Q-Talk everyday. So I understand that this thread can slip down a bit.

But page 4?!!

Not on my watch mod

In reading my previous post it could have come across as being aggressive instead of humorous... that was unintentional. My apologies to frognot if it was taken that way. My heart is full of nothing but

Froggy_Love_Frames.jpg

No, not the Woodpile!

I've heard stories about that place but have never ventured there . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back