Moving a UDS

el_matt

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
So, my neighbor asks if he can borrow my UDS for a party tomorrow. Being the good Brethren I am, I agree instantly (I'm even cleaning it for him). He brings me his small piano dolley to aid in transit. Now my UDS has handles, but..moving it with casters was like a dream! If anyone has thought about putting casters on their UDS, DO IT!!!

The dolley raised the height by 5 1/2". Not a big deal for a 6'4" 250lb moron, such as myself! Using just casters, the height increase would be reduced by at least 2".

Moving this thing was sooooooo easy, even when the dolley grabbed a sidewalk crack, or 4. This is most certainly a project I have added to my UDS mod list! If you're thinking about adding wheels to your UDS, stop thinking, and start doing!! 3 times easier to move the UDS on a piano dolley, than my NBBD, with pneumatic wheels.

*edit* I'm even calling in sick to do the cooking for his birthday party, being the good brethern that I am!

Matt

Last edited:
Yes......it IS fantastic, isn't it?:heh:
I love mine....came with the barrel, if you can believe THAT chit!!!
Even has a place where I can put my caps!!!:becky:
IMG_0245.jpg

Drum Dollies are a must for a UDS.

How about Wheels, a table and an umbrella!

Attachments

• DSC05558.jpg
    DSC05558.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 125
Off-road tire mod.

Attachments

• CIMG0432.jpg
    CIMG0432.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 107
Those are ALL really cool. I'm especially diggin the kettle with the pneumatic tires!

Matt

That's almost identical to the dolly I got from my neighbor. My BIL is supposed to get me a wine barrel within the next few weeks, gonna make me a WDS as well!

Matt

Those are awesome, got 3 w/o. Gotta have some of that.

Back