Why can't I get baby back ribs to fall off the bone?

Cook hotter. Like it's been said above 275*
Any cooking under 275* just seems like self-loathing...mid-life crisis chit.
No need for foil.
Spritzing meat isn't necessary either...it's just a bit of the "Hey, look at me and me spritzer"
"Listen ta the sizzle!!!"
Yeah...okay Mr. Clean ya forgot yer f'ing squeegee...

Anyways, just roll hot, have four more beers than usual and ya will be fine!

Qtalk...we build f'ing heroes.

-D

Cook hotter. Like it's been said above 275*
Any cooking under 275* just seems like self-loathing...mid-life crisis chit.
No need for foil.
Spritzing meat isn't necessary either...it's just a bit of the "Hey, look at me and me spritzer"
"Listen ta the sizzle!!!"
Yeah...okay Mr. Clean ya forgot yer f'ing squeegee...

Anyways, just roll hot, have four more beers than usual and ya will be fine!

Qtalk...we build f'ing heroes.

-D

šŸ˜†

Yup! Donā€™t complicate it

3-2-1 will get them to fall off every time. 3 hrs smoke, 2 hours wrapped with some liquid and flavorings, 1 hour back on the grates to tighten up. If they are pretty thing babys, then maybe 3-1-1. But the point is wrapping will get them there.

IT'S A JOKE! Those guys are kidding - boiling ribs is not bbq - not sure what it is, but don't go down that path of iniquity.

I'm sorry to be this guy.. But I have indeed boiled ribs and finished them off on the grill! Can't say they were amazing but they turned out rather good LOL

I'm sorry to be this guy.. But I have indeed boiled ribs and finished them off on the grill! Can't say they were amazing but they turned out rather good LOL

That's how I made ribs in the 90s.

President's Choice brand BBQ sauce came with a rib recipe calling for boiling ribs 'till they were falling off the bone, then baste and grill to finish.

A lot of things in the 90s sucked.

So it turns out none of you had the right answer.
Yesterday I discovered that the solution to the problem was actually: "Why the hell are you making baby back ribs when pork belly exists!?"

I know I'm late to the party, but I just discovered pork belly burnt ends and I feel like I have so much lost time to make up for.
I also reverse seared a bit of it with some salt and pepper and put it in the fridge. Reheated some on the skillet this morning and I'm not sure if I'll ever go back to bacon.

Back