• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

OBR looking for volunteers in LA 2/29/20

where in LA Andy, checking with the Wife

Let me see if I can find an approximate area. OBR doesn't usually give a location since they don't want people to self deploy. But I know LA is a huge area.

I'll be there! :whoo:

Tom - I think it's downtown.

Woo Hoo! Thanks for volunteering! I think once you register at the link and they confirm, they'll send you the exact location. But please don't post the exact location.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Yeah I've already registered, did the bg check & everything. Supposed to be getting the where & when tomorrow afternoon or so. You gonna be there Andy?

Yeah I've already registered, did the bg check & everything. Supposed to be getting the where & when tomorrow afternoon or so. You gonna be there Andy?

Nope. I'll be in the Chicago area. Just passing along the request. :thumb:

• Thanks
Also as an FYI, if someone else wants to volunteer and come along with you, wife, hubby, significant other, random friend... They will need to register as well or they will be turned away.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Near Dodger Stadium. You need to register at the link, then once approved you'll be sent the exact location.

You just gave the location away Andy.:laugh:

I didn't take any pics. :tsk:

It was really fun though. BBQ folks are great - you can show up, not really know anybody, and have a great time 'cause everyone's so cool. Beautiful day, lotsa eats & people having a good time.

It was an event for first responders that featured a BBQ contest between 3 LAPD teams and 3 LAFD teams and there were local BBQ notables (Kevin Bludso, the Slab BBQ guy, Andy S. - can't remember what team he's from but he def. knows what's up) mentoring the teams. There was also a large feed but I didn't see much of that 'cause I was helping out one of the LAFD teams who was shorthanded. The meats were pork tenderloin, ribeyes, and baby backs. The guy I was working with didn't do too well on scores but we had a great time. There was awesome eats rolling off of grills and smokers for the teams to sample throughout the day.

The traveling OBR guys and the locals were all killer and I'll definitely be making it to whatever events/deployments they have any time I can.

I imagine there'd be some pix on FB, but I'm not on there so it's just a guess.

I'd encourage any SoCal farkers to get registered with OBR - it's a great organization, the people are really cool and they're definitely doing important things.

There was also a large feed but I didn't see much of that 'cause I was helping out one of the LAFD teams who was shorthanded. The meats were pork tenderloin, ribeyes, and baby backs. The guy I was working with didn't do too well on scores but we had a great time. There was awesome eats rolling off of grills and smokers for the teams to sample throughout the day.
Slacker! I would have thought your team would have taken first place! :heh: Thanks for helping OBR, sounds like you had fun.

• Thanks
Back