So I got me a blackstone...

sleebus.jones

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Howdy folks. Been away a bit. Got busy, but things are starting to free up a bit. Used some time to go find a clearance Blackstone. Got the 28" Pro Series and it sure is nice. I am super impressed as to how well they cook. Fish on these things turns out so good...crispy outside, and moist tender inside that is not overdone.

Anyway, on to the pics!

New and untouched
9zGWVgDl.jpg

Seasoned
l5HhpMUl.jpg

Picked up some Lane Snapper from the waterfront down in Seabrook, TX
eex7kXrl.jpg

Turned out so good! Top fillet is Tony Cachere's Seafood version, bottom two are Chef Paul's Redfish seasoning
8GENIaul.jpg

I mean GOOOD
hkHTrFZl.jpg

So yea, if you were wondering if you need to add a griddle to your arsenal, the answer is YES.

Congrats! The fish does look good!

I really enjoy using my griddle! It is actually fun!

Congratulations on the new griddle, the fish looks amazingly delicious.

I saw one at Walmart that shows two burners and I see yours has three, are there different 28" options?

Congratulations. I to pick one up and can’t stop using it. I’ve made smash burgers twice already.

I saw one at Walmart that shows two burners and I see yours has three, are there different 28" options?

Sharp eyes, Bill.

The regular 28" has 2 burners. The Pro Series 28" has 3 burners and a lid. I'm really happy I got the 3 burner version. I'm seeing 600°+ on high, which is great for searing. Very few walmarts have them. I was lucky to find 6 (!) about 20 mins from my house. I looked as far as 300 miles away on brickseek and didn't find any others. Here is the link to them.

Sharp eyes, Bill.

The regular 28" has 2 burners. The Pro Series 28" has 3 burners and a lid. I'm really happy I got the 3 burner version. I'm seeing 600°+ on high, which is great for searing. Very few walmarts have them. I was lucky to find 6 (!) about 20 mins from my house. I looked as far as 300 miles away on brickseek and didn't find any others. Here is the link to them.

I picked up my 28” pro series two days ago!

Loving it!

Major upgrade from the 17” tabletop I bought for camping years ago

3f23cf6867dd6e1172f946f848fd9c73.jpg

That's a great looking griddle and that Snapper :hungry:

Congrats on the Blackstone! Snapper looks great.

The griddle was the best addition to my cooking arsenal, I use it at least or 4 times per week.

Nice. I've got my eye on one as well. Will definitely have to change that to the pro series for sure.

Yep, Blackstone stock price went up from this post! That was some nice looking fish.

I'm hoping a 3 burner 28" Blackstone is in my future.

Very Nice! Hey Sleebs, are you guys making it to the N. Texas Bask this year?

This thing cooks amazing. When I saw Hotch's mini tabletop version, I knew there was going to be one in my future. Seeing a 3 burner 28" with a lid (!) was just icing on the cake. I though about the 2 burner, but the 3 burner is just awesome. I've seen over 650 degrees on it. I'm doing a prime rib for Shelly's b-day dinner, and this is going to get the call to sear the outsides. Lots of heat, and no mess inside keeps the birthday girl happy. I'm hoping to get some catfish on this weekend, but as it is her birthday weekend, she's picking the menu!

As for the bash, probably not. I'm involved in a peer review of a big project that week and stuff tends to spill over into the weekend unfortunately. It's also a 5 hr drive and it looks like hotels are booked up. =/

That Blackstone pro looks great. You will really enjoy cooking on a griddle. smashburgers are great. Wait until you try omelets, and hash brown potatoes. I wanted a Blackstone but did not want to dedicate the extra real estate to one because of limited space on my deck that has ceramic pavers where I have my cookers placed so I bought a Little Griddle gas grill topper from Amazon. I really like it and if I need to use the gasser as a grill I just set it aside. I plan on using mine this weekend as it it supposed to warm up to 48 on Sunday.

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Griddle-GQ230-Professional/dp/B00CBDBV8Y/ref=sr_1_3?crid=FQMAUG9MR0ZI&keywords=stainless+griddle&qid=1582900959&sprefix=stainless+gr%2Caps%2C191&sr=8-3

Back