• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Attn: Northern Cali Brethren

This will be an awesome event. Helping our troops on Pearl Harbor Day and getting together with Brethren for BBQ. Perfection!

We have the Bart's Blazing Q catering rig, which gives us a Backwoods Party, Pitts and Spitts smoker

Actually, that Bart's rig rolls a Backwoods Competitor - lots more cook space than the Party.

I roll a Backwoods Competitor myself and I've got clearance to cook that day.

Please count Too Ashamed to Name BBQ in. I will be happy to show up on site with cook trailer in tow to cook what we got.

Lets talk logistics and I'm there.

just wish i was closer . I would be there in a heart beat . Sauses ,rubs and smoker.

Scott, we can definitely loop you in, I don't know if we need another smoker, but, then again, we will need to eat as well. Definitely looking at an all night cook on site, and since we are serving at 11:30 AM, we will need to think about dinner, snacks, and breakfast for the cooks and helpers.

I want to say, without just yet calling out everyone's names, the response of the Brethren has been terrific, to be honest, not surprising to me at all.

I'm in Alamo 15 minutes away and can bring my Ranch Kettle to the party. Lots of room to cook indirect with smoke or grill direct whatever is needed. Being a veteran myself I want to help anyway I can. My contact is puttknut@aol.com I just got my WestCoast Offense from Big Pappa so I have rubs too.

Count me in. Sounds like the cookers are covered. If for some reason we needed another cooker I could rent a trailer and load up my Superior SS-2.

Other possible items I can bring if needed: chafers(2), pop up canopies (2), folding tables (2), assorted rubs & sauces.

Count me in too. If needed I can probably come down on the 6th. Let me know what I can bring and I'll see if I can make it happen.

It's booked and confirmed on the calendar just let me know where and what time.

I'm in Alamo 15 minutes away and can bring my Ranch Kettle to the party. Lots of room to cook indirect with smoke or grill direct whatever is needed. Being a veteran myself I want to help anyway I can. My contact is puttknut@aol.com I just got my WestCoast Offense from Big Pappa so I have rubs too.

Count me in. Sounds like the cookers are covered. If for some reason we needed another cooker I could rent a trailer and load up my Superior SS-2.

Other possible items I can bring if needed: chafers(2), pop up canopies (2), folding tables (2), assorted rubs & sauces.

Count me in too. If needed I can probably come down on the 6th. Let me know what I can bring and I'll see if I can make it happen.

It's booked and confirmed on the calendar just let me know where and what time.
Are you guys on Facebook? We have a page there, I would need to add you. We are seriously looking at starting to limit the number of volunteers on the day of, but, you are all welcome. Just hit me up on Facebook and I will add you to the event.

https://www.facebook.com/robert.fukushima.5

And this is why the Brethren ROCK!
You know it L-M, they are certainly coming to the fore.

A single Brethren member has donated all of the pork, salad and mac-n-cheese, another all of the slaw, we are more than halfway on the tri-tip, we have two Backwoods Party cookers and a large Santa Maria grill. I suspect that yet another Brethren member will have donated enough sauce to cover the entire event, and we will be sending rub and sauce, as well as care packages home with the families. I plan to photograph most everything and will post a thread.

In truth, I would love it if the Unit were to reach out to use from time to time, to do more of these cooks. I also have a friend who does Wounded Warriors whom I have reached out to in the past about doing a BBQ class. That has been a slow starter.

Are you guys on Facebook? We have a page there, I would need to add you. We are seriously looking at starting to limit the number of volunteers on the day of, but, you are all welcome. Just hit me up on Facebook and I will add you to the event.

https://www.facebook.com/robert.fukushima.5

Okay, not exactly sure how the FB thing works but send you a Friend Request. Then do you add me to the "Event" somehow?

You know it L-M, they are certainly coming to the fore.

A single Brethren member has donated all of the pork, salad and mac-n-cheese, another all of the slaw, we are more than halfway on the tri-tip, we have two Backwoods Party cookers and a large Santa Maria grill. I suspect that yet another Brethren member will have donated enough sauce to cover the entire event, and we will be sending rub and sauce, as well as care packages home with the families. I plan to photograph most everything and will post a thread.

In truth, I would love it if the Unit were to reach out to use from time to time, to do more of these cooks. I also have a friend who does Wounded Warriors whom I have reached out to in the past about doing a BBQ class. That has been a slow starter.

Im adding $500 from us(The Brethren) into the pot. You guys make me proud!!! Awesome showing!

A huge thanks to everyone that is involved, and to the BBQ Brethren for being so generous.

:clap2: :thumb:

I had hoped that a Yoder 1500 would mysteriously show up on my front porch for this cook, instead, we have over 30 volunteers and over $1000 donated. I can't tell you how much Marty, Larry and I appreciate how much The Brethren have done to assure that almost no effort on my part will feed the soldiers and their families, those who are returning and those deploying. While we still have to actually do the cook, we have all of the pieces in place already, in large part due to you all.

I am truly grateful.

Oh, and we are going to stop taking donations, we have all that we expected to need, so, thanks again. There will be a follow up, with photos, for sure.

Man I so wish I could come and meet up with you guys for this great event , however I will be out of state at that time. Best wishes for a successful cook.

Back