Grease remover

Mrdeville

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hello all. I am looking for a good degreaser for my smoker. I have some grease drippings on the outside I need to remove. What do you guys use? Thanks!

It is called "character" or "patina" in some circles. But if you must clean it off, get some citrus spray on cleaner, food safe and effective.

Blessings, :pray:
Omar

Do Like I did. Told the Missus it needed done.
black-eye-smiley-emoticon.gif

http://www.dollartree.com/20-oz-Totally-Awesome-Cleaner/p8056/index.pro

Someone on this site posted about this cleaner a while back. I purchased some and it really works. It is supposed to be diluted but since it comes in a spray bottle I just use it straight. I also have a spray bottle of Greased Lighting, but don't use it as much since getting the LA's Totally Awsome cleaner.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. All you need to do is pressure wash the grease runs. Does it get 100%? No. But it gets enough. If you use really strong industrial degreasers be very careful - those can lift the paint. Also, be very sure none of that stuff gets near the cooking surface.

I bought a cheap electric pressure washer years ago for $15. Needed a small fix which the seller couldn't figure out how to do. It works *great* for cleaning smokers and BBQs of all kinds. Knocks all the crap right off the cooking grates.

Does your smoker have a proper grease drain?

seattlepitboss

Simple Green or Greased Lightning, Purple Power cleaner is real good too.

Best stuff I've ever used:

Sams Club
3 pack: ProForce Oven, Grill and Fryer Cleaner

Better than Purple Power, Citrus Cleaners, Simple Green by far.

Simple Green or Greased Lightning, Purple Power cleaner is real good too.

All of these are good.
I'm currently using Simple Green. Spray racks, let it set, then hose off lots of grease. Simple Green and a steel brush cleans racks...

I buy which ever of the three, by whats on sale a SAMS.

The outside of my smoker gets sprayed when the smoker is hot and wiped clean. My Offset is flat black, so a can of Walmart Stove Paint does the job on scrapes or rusty spots I've cleaned up on my fire box.

I mostly don't bother with the inside. I keep the off set up a little high to drain grease into a grease bucket...

I'm not too picky other than having brushed and clean racks.

It is called "character" or "patina" in some circles. But if you must clean it off, get some citrus spray on cleaner, food safe and effective.

Blessings, :pray:
Omar
Exactly what I use around food prepping areas and areas where my pets hang out as citrus cleans and disinfects. I buy orange oil by Medina which is highly concentrated, can be diluted to different strengths and makes a great cleaner and degreaser. I even use it to clean the rims on my car! When mixed with blackstrap molasses and liquid seaweed it's also one of the best fire ant drenches ever!:wink:

Back