Where to buy brisket in Austin?

Uncle Willy

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Anybody know where I can pickup some high quality brisket in Austin? Would love to buy some CAB or Wagyu but I can't find anything better than Select at all the stores I've been to.

Costco and Sam's.

Walmart and HEB occasionally have choice and CAB choice for the same price as select/ungraded. Last 2 times I was in my local HEB, they had several CAB packers mixed in with some choice ones all for the same price of $2.18/lb.

Restaurant Depot would be another place to check.

I thought that briskets grew on trees in Texas! :p

Good advice above. Plus, if you have a good meat market they should be able to get it.

Holy Cow, Batman..! I thought you could buy quality Brisket in Texas on every street corner....

I would love to find a good local meat market to do business with, problem is there doesn't seem to be very many.

El Ropo which Heb do you go to? I've never seen anything but Select at the ones near me. I'd happily snatch up a few CAB choice at 2.18/lb.

Up northwest way at 183/Lake creek. The walmart by me at 183/620 often has choice packers too for the same price.

HEB has also started carrying Meyer farms natural angus choice packers for $3.25/lb, but it's hit or miss if they are in stock on any particular day. Target also carries CAB choice (it's all they order) packers for around $2.60/lb.

The HEB off 35, near the Dell Campus, has always been well stocked when I've stopped by there.

Check out Costco off of MoPac and William Cannon. They always have great meat and prices.

Back