keep your fingers crossed for the 6th annual battle of the bbq brethren

early mornin' smokin'

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
A MASSIVE brush fire is closing in on the site of the battle of the BBQ brethren. Multiple houses in the area are already on fire. Keep everyone in your prayers, mods move as necessary.

Saying prayers for all in harms way. Stay safe.

Thanks for the news.

Yes, this is very serious.

I spoke to my wife at work and one of her co-workers left just a little while ago because her son called to tell her that they were being evacuated.

Also spoke to a firend whose son is a firefighter who is now on site and supposedly a truck has been lost to the fire and they were not sure where the men were.

This is so much bigger than The Maples and a BBQ comp.

May God bless and protect them all.

Having watched it happen in Oakland, I hope the men are safe and everyone can get out of the way. Those flames can travel so fast.

I called Bob to make sure they were safe and not in harms way. Fire is a little over 1/4 mile away.. which isnt far.... I can see the smoke plumes from my yard and im 15 miles away.

The Maples is being used as 1 - A staging area for the fire fighhters, and 2 - residents in the area are bringing their horses(in trailers) there for safe haven. Bobs home is right next door, and thats alot more than a bbq contest site. prayers out that his home and family remain safe.

http://www.news12.com/articleDetail.jsp?articleId=315521&position=1&news_type=news

I have a friend who's already lost his house and he's a half mile from the maples, Bob's a great guy and is doing everything he can to help out! Hat's off to bob!

sawdustguy is out there also, has anyone heard from him?

He started thread in woodpile- was doing ok last I heard."Farking Pinebarrens".

The maples is on channel 12 news. looks like they are setting up a control point in the parking lot across the street and in the post office next door. County exec is talking about calling the air national guard.

God bless and protect everyone near it and fighting it. Terrible to hear.

Back