Do You Like This Site?????

I like the site and I use it. The one thing I don't like is the line beneath your avitar that says your looking for wood, or knows what a match is. It's a bit of an insult. I pay to be on here. I have my own wood and I am not looking. If you want to rate someone on how much they comment, Put a counter up that is easier and doesn't insult a person just because they may sit back and not comment even though they are paying the subscription.

I like the site and I use it. The one thing I don't like is the line beneath your avitar that says your looking for wood, or knows what a match is. It's a bit of an insult. I pay to be on here. I have my own wood and I am not looking. If you want to rate someone on how much they comment, Put a counter up that is easier and doesn't insult a person just because they may sit back and not comment even though they are paying the subscription.

We eliminated the counters long ago. Counters cause post pumping and counter wars and encourages useless posting just to increase the counts. The ranks were put in place by the founding members in the early days of the forum to have some fun and to decrease the post pumping which was becoming rampant. Post count contests were constantly cropping up and the forum was getting cluttered with useless posts.

We use ranks instead of counters. The ranks advance and the titles change as you journey thru our culture, as explained here.

No one pays to be here. The forum is free so you can be here without paying. The subscriptions are voluntary, are very much appreciated and help to support the costs and overhead. If the titles, which are supposed to be amusing, offend you, and you consider the subscription purchase 'paying to be here' I will gladly refund your $25.

I remember the ole "looking for wood" days. I would guess by now mine should probably be "Go Fark Yourself, Bob!" Or "Please Shut the Fark Up Already!":-D

Bob

in my younger days, I use to hang around the beach bars, I also had the wood....and nobody here could insult me cause I am here because it is good, informative and helpfull to others...if I dont want to read or be part of something..then I dont! I would take my charcoal and play in another box..as my wood has been reduced to charcaol..:blabla: anybody have a match?

Np. ;)

Heres something else I forgot to point out regarding why we ditched the counters. They can give a newer member an inaccurate sense of someones ability.

Scenario:
A chatty member who is new to the craft can have a post count in the thousands from asking alot of questions and bantering among us

A seasoned expert who visits occasionally and primarily cruises thri threads looking where he can offer his expertise, and rarely engages on banter or chitchat may have a post count in the hundreds. Bit those posts are all helpful and dead on accurate.

Now, enter stage right new member Joe baggo-donuts. Joe asks a question and member A answers to the best of his ability based on his limited experience but his answer is off.

Member B, the expert answers and he is dead on.

Joe Baggy-donuts looks at the 2 answers and has to decide which is more credible. Which person would 'appear' to have more experience? The one with 2000 posts or the one with 300?

Cryptic goofy ranks wont help with that decision and joe needs to do more research or experiment with both.

Sent from my Droidx using tapatalk and thats probably why the typing is worse than usual.

yep...BBQ Chef you are right some guys just want to bah--bajh--bahh--bah..and the advice is off base and it usally gets corrected by some one..not just bah--bah=bah--

yep...BBQ Chef you are right some guys just want to bah--bajh--bahh--bah..and the advice is off base and it usally gets corrected by some one..not just bah--bah=bah--

Nahhhh..... not here .....never...us? Chatter? Hijack? Nope never seen it.

Sent from my Droidx using tapatalk and thats probably why the typing is worse than usual.

Np. ;)

Heres something else I forgot to point out regarding why we ditched the counters. They can give a newer member an inaccurate sense of someones ability.

Scenario:
A chatty member who is new to the craft can have a post count in the thousands from asking alot of questions and bantering among us

A seasoned expert who visits occasionally and primarily cruises thri threads looking where he can offer his expertise, and rarely engages on banter or chitchat may have a post count in the hundreds. Bit those posts are all helpful and dead on accurate.

Now, enter stage right new member Joe baggo-donuts. Joe asks a question and member A answers to the best of his ability based on his limited experience but his answer is off.

Member B, the expert answers and he is dead on.

Joe Baggy-donuts looks at the 2 answers and has to decide which is more credible. Which person would 'appear' to have more experience? The one with 2000 posts or the one with 300?

Cryptic goofy ranks wont help with that decision and joe needs to do more research or experiment with both.

One must be cautious as i have been where i was Joe FNG.
Member B was way off. This was and is to this day still going on. Member is the expert and is never wrong. I was told to confirm my info which i did and posted a link to the USDA showing the correct info and member just said They were under paid GOV employs and did not know what they were talking about. My advice is of course you must have someone you can trust for info but follow through and Study to show thyself approved.
This problem was and is not on this forum.
God bless BBQ Bretheren and God Bless the USA:becky:
Karl

Donations

I'm a newbee to the site.

I was a lurker but signed up to help contribute and learn about my favorite hobby. BBQ

I would gladly contribute to the ongoing maintenance of this site.:clap:

MTPAR

Alls I know is that I'm a newbie here. Haven"t seen matchlight for several decades and don't need matches. If you care about this crap, grow up, please. A newbie is a newbie. I've got years on most of you, have ruined more meat than most, bested you a couple of times, and enjoyed myself immensly, and can learn from you all. Enjoy this place. I saw it today and paid. This has value!

By the way, on the other topic, the USDA does not have value, your butcher does! Grading is useless from any value or health aspects. Know your butcher. Everything else we do here is sedcondary!

I surf about 10 sites every morning over coffee. That's my routine. BBQ Brethren is on the bottom of the favorites. After reading about world troubles broken hearts and tractors I land here. Seems to clear the air. Real people with real opinions and questions and are not running for office. A forum for every topic. No more O/T about your brothers boil. Nuff said. Next stop pay-pal.

I happened to have the nipple and caps on hand for my UDS, but they're galvanized. Will galavanized be ok considering the relatively lower temps at the bottom of the drum? Thanks!

Didnot go theu 88 pages of this wrong thread to see if u got a reply, but how could galvanizing not be ok? They'll last longer, but not as long as SS.

I just arrived and kicked in more than I should have (Yesh, Dear - I'm sorry). Thank God for seperate accounts. I get 1/7 of "our" money every month (thank you, dear) and kicked in 1/7 of a month. No pain! Got some sorta icon. Wheee..fark it. There's more value here than Lord Kirk and the rest of the pantheon can ever provide via Amazon. Pay up, lurkers. I dunno, but the downloads may be worth it, and you already got value! Anyone reading this far in?

I wanna keep this going until I get it right!

Thanks.
Floppy Man.

This place appears to have some great individuals and a plethora of information.

Keep up the good work guys :)

Back