Momma likes her Pastrami...

martyleach

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Got a 10lb Packer Brisket Corned Beef from Fart and Smile (Oops, sp.) that looked really good. They had cut off a lot of the flat.

First, I trimmed it, gave it a good slice through the fat to tell me the grain direction, then put it in a large pot of water with a chopped up potato. 24 hours later I changed the water and the potato. After 48 hours, I prepped it with Thirdeye's rub (2X) and wrapped in the fridge in cling wrap. After another 12 hours, I put it on the BGE with hickory at 250 degrees. There I left it until it hit 165 IT.

I then put it in a double wrap of heavy duty alum foil with 1 cup of unsalted beef broth. The wrapping is air tight and should puff up like Jiffy Pop if done properly. After about 2 hours the IT will be about 195-200.

Wrap in towels for about an hour and slice thinly across the grain.

Heaven on Earth, Baby!
Ontheegg1.jpg

Sorry, the flash didn't go off so this is kinda purple....
sliced1.jpg

Just gotta have a Rueben....
Rueben1.jpg

Rueben3.jpg

Love that sammich Marty!! Looks soooo tasty!! :becky::clap:

Nicely done Marty! Funny, I cooked up pastrami last night. I'm sure our neighbors were smelling pastrami all day & night!

Oh man, and I know how good Marty's pastrami cooks are.

Marty, looks like you knocked it out of the park...again! That meat looks incredible.

One of my worst cooking disasters occurred attempting Thirdeye's pastrami when I was a newbie. I need to try this again...

BTW, we have stores down here with a similar name. I wonder if they're owned by the same people? :confused:

:heh:

I'm on a diet and your pics are killing me! :mmph: Good news is, no calories when just lookn'. :mrgreen:

Back