• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pulled the trigger and bought a food shack

Thanks for the bump. This was a very cool thread to read through but sad to hear of the events. Praying for everyone involved.

This summer has been very good till last week, profits were up buying new equipment. Till 9-23 and my world turned upside down. I'm try hard to recover but Jen was a driving influence and took a huge load off me. With out Jen it adds about 4 hrs to my day, and I already work 8 at my day job and 4-5 a weekday at my shack.... But I will make it work!! it was our dream and I DON'T fail.

PWA - I am so sorry for your loss. I could not imagine what I would do if I lost my wife. She pushes me regularly to open a food truck or BBQ joint. If I had the courage you do, I would do it.

You are clearly a hard worker with great courage. Stay strong and remember that the Brethren have your back!

• Thanks
Reactions: pwa
I am deeply saddened to hear about your recent loss, IDK what I would do in a situation like that. Stay strong brother. God bless you and your family

• Thanks
Still with ya here Brother Clint! You know how to get me if there is anything I can do.

• Thanks
I have been following this link quietly, and just returned to it. I am sorry for your loss. Hang in there. You and your family will be in our prayers.

• Thanks
Here are some updated pic for everyone,

Front of the shack with new menu board and more plates hung up
xjq5.jpg

New Menu board daughter and her friend did all the writing
hkfy.jpg

Employee "Smoking Table"
zqvy.jpg

Final have power bye bye Generator
vnkk.jpg

I'll take one of everything. :-D Crap! It's now Monday. I guess it's a no-go on the ribs?

Congrats, it looks great.

On thing I found very helpful for keeping brisket moist, along with everything else was an Alto Shaam. They can be a little expensive, but well worth it in the long run. You can keep your brisket in a 6" hotel pan, with a cutting board in the bottom of the pan. Keep about 2 or 3 layers of plastic wrap tightly over it, and slice to order.

Best of luck with everything.

• Thanks
Looks great Clint! I really wish I was actually standing in front of that menu board instead of looking at it from a computer screen...

Really happy it's coming together for you. You're in our thoughts brother...

BTW I got a MI plate headed your way :)

• Thanks
Thanks for the update. I really enjoy seeing the pictures and hearing about your business. I know it has been rough for you and I hope you are are taking care of yourself during these difficult times.

• Thanks
I really enjoyed reading through the whole thread till I learned of your loss:(
I can't imagine how you have managed to keep it together and move forward in life, but we always have to. I'm really feeling for you and your family and hope you can keep us all informed through the upcoming winter.

I am opening a BBQ restaurant as I type this note and have a few months to go before I am opened. We all learn a lot on threads like yours and can find many things that relate to us. I hope your venture continues to grow and be prosperous, because I know it's a dream and huge risk.

Thanks
BJ

• Thanks
I will take 1 of each of the menu items!

P.S. you still need the Amazing Aawa on that menu board!

• Thanks
P.S. you still need the Amazing Aawa on that menu board!

And you still need to come up with an amazing meal idea that is also cost effective :)

Here's a couple rib pic from yesterday, Sundays are Rib Sunday at the shack.

17p6.jpg

fm5i.jpg

Also grabbed a couple feather banners for road entrance see how they work out.

6nf9.jpg

I could of swore I put an idea in this thread somewhere, I'll have to look for it!

• Thanks
Back