***VOTE - BBQ Brethren "Cast Iron" Throwdown - VOTE***

Who should win the BBQ Brethren "Cast Iron" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hah... If you've got the BBQ Bug, you just gotta do it! It's such great fun and it's really satisfying... win... lose who cares.

Can't wait to see your first entry!

Cheers!

you don't win money but you win a chance to get your photo in a brethren calendar. everything changed when that new twist was introduced.

Just to clarify, I'm referring to comments about how CI wasn't prevalent enough for certain entries to qualify. I think the throwdowns are an extremely enjoyable part of this forum; I just take issue when sour comments are made about the "letter of the law" in something like this, which I view as a purely fun way to share cooks amongst ourselves.

I probably shoulda just kept my mouth shut :biggrin:

And I voted for swibirun 'cause his pic made me the hungriest.

Just to clarify, I'm referring to comments about how CI wasn't prevalent enough for certain entries to qualify. I think the throwdowns are an extremely enjoyable part of this forum; I just take issue when sour comments are made about the "letter of the law" in something like this, which I view as a purely fun way to share cooks amongst ourselves.

I probably shoulda just kept my mouth shut :biggrin:

And I voted for swibirun 'cause his pic made me the hungriest.

No problem champ... See you in the Woodpile... that's where you ge the hang of this place... nothin's too serious!

OOps, my bad. I didn't note what pic to use and the one used was kinda posted as a funny. Not so funny now that it was picked. Hey, I wasn't sitting on the sideline at least. Damn, DAL is really a big bummer!!!:redface:

There is an exclusive club out there...
you may have heard of it circulating the rumor mill...
only a select few have earned the privilege to join...
perhaps someday you too can join if the votes don't go your way.

help me out a little here brother.
The rules are if you do not specify a pic, then one will be decided for you. I did not do that, as I should have, so the DAL is well deserved on my part. It is actually embarasing on my part. That pic was supposed to be for humor. This was fully my fault and it's okay...you know, chit happens

Sorry I did not pick the one you would have liked. I did not mean for it to be embarrassing at all. I can't remember my thought process at the time that caused me to pick it. I may have thought you enjoyed the humor based on your post, thus why I picked it.

You don't need to apologize my friend. This was my fault, not yours. I really, and I mean really, appreciate what you contribute to us all here. Please don't stop doing this as we all appreciate it and you make it so much fun. Thanks so much!

Thats right, thanks bigabyte. The throwdown is something to look forward to each week.

Did I mention "bacon" in my criteria? I guess not. Creative use of bacon is always worth points. Now if you had put those cakes of yours in a bacon-weave, I think you'd have really scored big time. Bacon just wasn't prominently featured in this one though.

K-Hed, I know what you're saying and it looks fabulous -- you're selling yourself short if you think it's ugly -- but Master is the dessert person in this castle. I'll gladly pass over dessert for meat, but I'm still debating.

Dang it! I knew bacon would have cinched this one for me!! I was going to make the foil halo for the charcoal confinement ring out of a bacon braid from my wife's weave, but figured that might be going too far...

Thanks for the vote regardless of my bacon-less-ness... you musta' hit the wrong button by mistake! :wink:

The discussion is quite interesting. Its sort of a "free association". If someone says X, I expect Y, and if I see a twist on it, also great.
Cast iron might mean dutch oven, searing steaks or skillets. The creative twist being knucklheads pineapple cake, didnt really expect that one.
Thanks again for all the kind words, it was a really lucky shot. The rest of the pics I took are quite smoky, but in this one there is just that small wisp of smoke.

Thanks Rolf, I didn't expect there to be any other DO cakes in this one, but was surprised to see the strawberry shortcake... too lazy to look back on who that was but I was really impressed by the pic, very nice!

I love this forum and all the inspiration it gives me to cook the next "it". It's threads like Big's Throwdown that keeps everyone pushing to the next level. Thank you Chris!!

Thanks for the vote too BTW! Your pic was hands down my wife and my fav, but that melty cheese pic from Boat was so rich I could taste it!

GL all!!

Darn you Bob and your beautiful fire pit! You get my vote this time.

Good looking eats everyone.

Back