Smoked Apple Dumplins

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I make these in my drum and wanted to see how they would turn out in the Memphis Pro.
Used apple for the smoke...

Peeled, cored and sliced the apples..
sprinkled each layer with a cinnamon/brown sugar mix.. then topped with a bit of butter.

423a9037-1.jpg

5ddd8ba2-1.jpg

Brought the pie dough up around the apple, leaving the top open.
Gave them a quick egg wash and sprinkled with more cinnamon brown sugar.

4a41b02b-1.jpg

into the smoker with apple...
They smoked at 275 for awhile then I raised the heat to 300 to finish cooking them.
I use a knife to test for tenderness..

c4335de9-2.jpg

ccbe7ca4-1.jpg

377d6a87-1.jpg

Topped with french vanilla ice cream, hot caramel sauce and sprinkled with pecans...

eb82a26a-1.jpg

f89ae6bb-1.jpg

It was kinda good. :) I couldn't eat it all... but I tried. :-D

Thanks for looking!

WOW You killed me with that last Pic. I think I would have been able to force it down :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

You sure know how to make a guy hungry. Almost lunch time here at work and that sure would be nice indeed.

OMG!!! I don't know how you do it... Can I have one?? :thumb:

SuuuuuuuuuuuhWEET!:heh:

Outstanding! I'm trying that!:thumb::thumb:

Sometime you should try wrapping partially cooked apple smoked bacon dusted with brown sugar around cinnamon dusted apple wedges and grill 'em til the bacon's done - gotta keep an eye on them though. I've done this a couple of times and Michele (Redhot) likes them plain while I've dipped them in chocolate coating...yum.

Thanks friends! The dumplin was still hot from the smoker so my ice cream started melting before I could take that last pic. :-D
It was tasty though.. I think I let out a whimper when I took that first bite. :laugh:

SuuuuuuuuuuuhWEET!:heh:

Outstanding! I'm trying that!:thumb::thumb:

Sometime you should try wrapping partially cooked apple smoked bacon dusted with brown sugar around cinnamon dusted apple wedges and grill 'em til the bacon's done - gotta keep an eye on them though. I've done this a couple of times and Michele (Redhot) likes them plain while I've dipped them in chocolate coating...yum.

Mmmmm Guerry, that sounds really good! Thanks. :-D

That'll make you hungary even if you're not. Looks great. Something else I have to try.

That really looks great. I just don't know how you do it. Every post keeps getting better. You should have your own show, it would be better than the ones that are on there now. Thanks for sharing Jeanie.

Wow! You should have a show of your own lady. I like that you're so modest, as well. Very cool!

Would a pic from the front be asking too much? If you end up on TV or something, you probably will be forced to take full photos (lucky for us, I imagine). Shouldn't your fellow brothers be blessed with your first full photos? Hope you agree!

That looks fantastic!!! How did it test with the smoke flavor? Would it be better or worse without smoke?

Back