Franklin BBQ Pit - FInal Prototype for sale on eBay

Didn't want to be the first to post it up here, but looks about like what I expected. Maybe a little smaller. But I do like the collapsible stack on it. Not sure if the insulated firebox is a selling point for me, especially on a 36" smoker.

Retail $3499.00 current $7800.00

Ain’t no way it’s worth that! There are so many people that bid knowing they are never going to pay, this may be one of those at that price but you never know.

I will stick to my Shirley!

I was really hoping that it would come in cheaper. I think it's a gorgeous pit. It doesn't really have all that much cooking space, although it's closer to what I actually need. I don't know if $3499 is going to be the actual price of it, but for that you can get a pretty well loaded LSG.

If it is indeed $3,499, he's (rightfully) banking on name recognition. It will sell out at basically any price, and I'm sure it will be a good cooker. With that being said, I'd definitely be looking elsewhere were I in the market for an offset.

The mill scale has a larger cook chamber, but not the insulated firebox. It also doesn't have the "ellipsoidal head" so there are subtle differences.

I like it - would like a clone - doesn't have to say Franklin on it - just look and cook like it! As for the price - welcome to 'Merica! Fair market value - what a knowledgeable, willing, and unpressured buyer would pay to a knowledgeable, willing, and unpressured seller in the market. If I have $5k disposable income for a pit - that you still have to suffer with for your craft (fire control) - I'd take it!! Yee haw from Texas

I hope that's a prototype, welds are ugly;

x44S7J.jpg

Been waiting on this for an offset..... yep, out of my price range. I thought he said in an interview somewhere that it was going to be comparable to a higher end kamado so my hope was this might come in around 2,000, but no luck.

Looks like LSG/Lang are going to be what I need to look into more. Crappy part of living up in the northeast is the $500 shipping costs that you end up needing to tack on because there aren't middlemen dealers to eat some of that cost! Even 2K is the super top of my budget for what would be a second/alternate cooker.

I bet they will cook great but I feel it's expensive for the size. Plenty of other smokers out there that are larger in the same price range that will cook fine too.

There's a local fabricator that makes similar smokers here in Phoenix. He built the smokers that Little Miss BBQ uses. Pricing is a little high, makes franklin's look reasonable. The build quality, fabrication and welding is top notch.

https://www.camelbacksmokers.com/120-gallon.html

Last edited:
primitive pits as well do that rusty roadside Texas style - I wanted to order a smaller model they used to do, but they stopped making them due to scarcity of the smaller propane tanks - https://www.primitivepits.com/250-gallon - I don't need it I just want it

picture.php

Last edited:
primitive pits as well do that rusty roadside Texas style - I wanted to order a smaller model they used to do, but they stopped making them due to scarcity of the smaller propane tanks - https://www.primitivepits.com/250-gallon - I don't need it I just want it

picture.php

They opened up a second company dedicated to smaller cookers. WorkHorse pits.

Back