Slightly off topic - Broil King gas grills

sincitydisciple01

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience w/ Broil King lp gas grills? Appears they are a Canadian company that has recently gotten into the US mass market via Lowes. All the reviews I've read have been quite positive. I was originally looking at a Weber Spirit, but from what I can tell, those are no longer made in the US (while the Genesis and Summit still are). Looks like Broil King has operations in Canada and the US.

Comparing features, Broil King comes in at a lower price point the Weber. No surprise. Other than the fact that their grill covers are total garbage, I can't say that I have any issues w/ Weber. Their reputation as being the gold standard is well earned. Just wondering if Broil King is worth a try.

THANKS! :thumb:

Dude I just bought mine for the SAME reason.
I've had it for about 2 months and it is great. Gets super hot. Holds heat. When I want indirect with two burners off the cool side is consistent front to back. Nice heavy cast iron grates. Zero complaints.
Used the extra money for the high quality cover that is super heavy and didn't fly away in a big storm
Without reservations I recommend it.

I had one for a few years, recently replaced with a Napoleon 665. No comparison, the Napoleon is much better in all ways.

I've had a Broil King Sovereign for about 6 years. Pretty good grill and alot of bang for your buck. Cooks great. Gets hot really fast and has the ability to flash sear (with marks) skirt steaks to med rare and even tuna. Its a great value gasser. Gotta be careful just how hot you get it when warming up, it can get too hot if your not careful.

I bought the baron from Lowes about a year ago. I am on my 3rd tank of propane right now, and I've been happy with all the results off of it. The grill is looking great still. Even though I'm not the best about the cover, I've got zero rust or signs of wear on it. It gets hot quickly, and the heat is pretty even across all the grates. I don't have issues with flare ups either. I would recommend it based on my experience so far.

Back