Catering Software?

SkinEz

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I have been looking for a software program that assists in catering. I have also thought about building my own from scratch. Anybody have any suggestions about software they use, or they just came up with their own. I dont mind using a plug an go type software (no need to reinvent the wheel) as long as its affordable. I came accross a program called "cater-ease" which seems legit. However, they seem expensive with a large start-up, and revolving yearly costs. Anyway, I usually end up here after I realize I dont know everything, like i did when I was 15...

Basically a one stop for everything. Portion pricing, menu updating, customer database...
Anything that is geared especially for this type of business. Like I said I found caterease, but they seem expensive to me.

There are a bunch of pricey ones available with various rates, etc. But if you're ok with just have one login acct and are ok with a web-based system then cater-xpert has a free version. Not a free trial but free for you for life.

What they say on this product:
CaterXpert™ Free Version
  • Is a no-cost single user edition of CaterXpert the world’s best and easiest to use catering software. Absolutely free for as long as you like!
  • Is not a sample or a trial offer. This is a free edition of a major business management software available to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
  • Allows you to manage all aspects of your events from any computer with an internet connection. No downloads or special equipment necessary.
  • Is a great way to see if the full multiple-user edition of CaterXpert is the right solution for your company.
  • Gives you all the management power the nation’s largest caterers have for executing your events flawlessly. Free!

http://free.caterxpert.com/freecaterxpert/

Ok so I give. That looks like one of those too good to be true websites. Looks a little old with the interactions, but could definitely work. Just wondering if I download it if my computer will start smoking...

I've not actually used it but I have it bookmarked. But no download; it is web-based software and can access it from anywhere with your login. Some people like that sort of thing and others don't. I don't know anything about the company, but their schtick is to get you using the free, single one with all features and hope to hook you so that you'll upgrade if you're a larger operation. If it's just you or a couple of you that could use the same login then this it looks reasonable full featured (you get what you pay for, right?) system that does the work across the board. And they seem to have some training available too. Might be worth an evaluation at least since you don't have to install anything. Book a free acct and load up some bogus catering gig info and take it for a ride.

I do think I am gonna check it out. Thanks "Jack Daniels".

We use the SoEzzy spreadsheet as a basis for all we do. Our business starts with our costs, and it has just made sense for us. We also use a CRM software for customer tracking and contact, plus Constant Contact for email. Just exporting data back and forth. You do get what you pay for in the POS/Sales/CRM software arena,and most people never use them to theirfull capacity.

A few no/low cost CRM options here - http://www.top5freeware.com/crm-software-for-windows

Good luck!

Back