• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What did he say?!?

scaramoche

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
This morning while roaming the meat counter I came accross a sale sign Pork Sirloin Roast $.99/lb. Yep less then a buck. If your wondering the hog plant Indian Packers is about a mile from where I live. Asked and got a just under 2# roast. Walked back across street home
And started thinking what to do... looking in spice cabinet came I saw a packet of a product called Slow Cookers BBQ Pork Seasonings. The hell you say?!? Stick with me I have a point. Not wanting or able to fire up anything to smoke/grill on for the day I figured why not.dumped it in crockpot as per institutions and let it go. If went to chit @ $2 I didn't really care. Got home checked it and yep that was some nasty pulled pork. We all knew it would be. My point? Pork was bad and junked. But the sauce was the best stuff I've ever made. Not that cloying sweet crap people seem to love and had a porkish back flavor to it. With more time to mess with it might be what I'll use at home from now one.

Sorry had to tell it.

Ummmnm, you didn't make a sauce bro.
It was a packet and the pork that made the sauce:tongue:

:becky:

:bolt:

Yep crockpot. And yeah pork made it. The whole process sucked any and all flavor out of that poor piece of pork.

Lol wanted to also tell what else is supposed to go in with it. Tomato paste water an onion and a little vinegar I think. Hell, not sure I got the packet name right. The empty packet went with the pork to the dumpster. Just that it wasn't just packet water pork.

Go back over there, get another one and slow smoke on a bbq bit till internal hits 120-125, then toss it on a searing hot fire and remove when internal hits 135-140. Rest loosely tented under foil for 20 minutes then slice and serve.

Then see how much that cut of pork sucks.

At no point in my post did I say the cut sucks. It was the process, what a crock pot would do, and end result that sucked. I did end up with a good sauce though.

Sacrilege!! Heresy!! He's a witch BURN him!! BURN him!!:crazy:

I hear the Crockpot-Brethren are looking for a new leader...

Ok...ok...that's all I got for now, sorry.

Same cut and same price here in St. Louis @ "save-a-lot." I bought 4 Saturday and smoked them to 180 deg. F yesterday. After they cooled down, I de-boned them, sliced & bagged the meat and pressure cooked the bones for bean stock. Then I pressure cooked the beans, added in the stock along with diced tomoatoes peppers & onions. And that was lunch today.

My verdict, smoke them like pork butts but they don't pull lihe pork butts. Also, don't just discard the bones.

Afterwards, you can crotch pot the diced pork into great recipes, like chile verde. Pressure cookers, however, can do everything a crotch pot can and way faster.

Mark

Actually, I've made some dang good meals with a pork loin in the crock pot. Main problem with the device though is that it can be real easy to overcook that cut if you're not careful. Otherwise, the crock pot is just a tool like anything else and has it's uses.

Go back over there, get another one and slow smoke on a bbq bit till internal hits 120-125, then toss it on a searing hot fire and remove when internal hits 135-140. Rest loosely tented under foil for 20 minutes then slice and serve.

Then see how much that cut of pork sucks.
There ya' go!!!!:thumb:

I got no beef with the crock pot...just bbq made in the crock pot. It's good for a lot of other stuff. The right tool for the right job.

I would not think that a sirloin roast would have a lot of fat content and might be better cooked to a lower temperature and sliced

Back