• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

NEW Stubbs Hardwood Lump Charcoal

My local Costco does not carry it. Hopefully they do in the near future. I was just there last night and only saw Kingsford and wood pellets next to the Traeger stuff.

So lowe's has the lump now in addition to the stubb's briquettes?

Yup. Couldn't have been there very long, it was still stacked pretty high. Now that I think about it, there were no bags of the briqs. There was no cowboy in sight either.

At turn in times(1,2:30,4) it will be crazy and folks are not going to be as friendly when you walk up to talk to them, come check us out brotha if you come by after 1 I'll have chicken you can try, come by after 2:30 I'll have ribs for you to try, come by after 4 I'll have some brisket point I'll share as well. Bring a chair and something to drink make your rounds come back and tell me what you think of the whole competition :biggrin1:

Man, that sounds like a good time. I would have crashed your party :mrgreen:, but I'm headed to Dallas for the weekend. Would rather hang out at a comp though!

Man, that sounds like a good time. I would have crashed your party :mrgreen:, but I'm headed to Dallas for the weekend. Would rather hang out at a comp though!

Some other time broth, mista Jambo pit's was there last year he took first in beans.

4 pages and nobody's used this stuff yet? :laugh:

Ya I know, I should have got the farking bag :tsk:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
My Costco has Kingsford but I'm pretty sure I never want to buy Kingsford again.

I think it was this thread talking about Kroger lump is relabeled RO. I dont like Kroger lump and a very off smell till it go rolling for a while. Chunks were ok though, it was a mix oak hick mesq.

saw some at costo yesterday, $16 something for 34#. more expensive than best of the west@14 for 40#. is stubbs better?

I found the new Stubbs Lump at LOWE'S.
It's not bad. It does produce more sparks than RO.
It appears to be Oak maybe mixed with other woods.
I used some in my grill doing some London Broil last Sunday.
Good hot fire.

Well I didn't place in anything out of 54 teams at the comp I did, the head judge's husband won brisket AGAIN beating out Pitmaster Ernest Servantes(he took 2nd) also the lady that sold all the raffle tickets for the iPad won the farkn iPad ahh what are the chances:rolleyes:, I'll be judging it next year. Well I see nobody has tried this Stubbs lump yet so I did what every good Texan would do,I bought some for Valentines Day to cook some steaks for steak gorgonzola stay tuned.....

Sent from my SGH-T999

Well I didn't place in anything out of 54 teams at the comp I did, the head judge's husband won brisket AGAIN beating out Pitmaster Ernest Servantes(he took 2nd) also the lady that sold all the raffle tickets for the iPad won the farkn iPad ahh what are the chances:rolleyes:, I'll be judging it next year. Well I see nobody has tried this Stubbs lump yet so I did what every good Texan would do,I bought some for Valentines Day to cook some steaks for steak gorgonzola stay tuned.....

Sent from my SGH-T999

Anybody can beat anybody on any given day. However, weird he won again. Probably touting his HEB All Natural Beef.

As a Veteran I love the VFW cooks, but I decided not to do it after last year, the Calcutta, was not a Calcutta and the head judge actually screwed up the final tally announcing the wrong GC. Dennis May of Smoking in the Dark had to go up and correct her as he won the event.

Nice girl appreciate her efforts but there are plenty of cook offs to choose from.

Let us know how that lump works out.

Sent from my SGH-T999

Sucks you didn't place.... you where probably not surprised about the results.

Talking about pitmasters... got rid of my smoker and am saving up for one:)

The wife wanted to switch it up and do sushi tonight. ..I wanted to use my new grillgrates on steak...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Anybody can beat anybody on any given day. However, weird he won again. Probably touting his HEB All Natural Beef.

As a Veteran I love the VFW cooks, but I decided not to do it after last year, the Calcutta, was not a Calcutta and the head judge actually screwed up the final tally announcing the wrong GC. Dennis May of Smoking in the Dark had to go up and correct her as he won the event.

Nice girl appreciate her efforts but there are plenty of cook offs to choose from.

Let us know how that lump works out.

He sure is proud of that heb angus, I knew I should have canola upped :tsk:
Ya I know brotha, I heard all about that, hell 30 teams less then last year I believe. Good to see someone else on here can relate, lump and food PrOn coming soon until then...
20130208_123654.jpg

20130208_140308.jpg

20130209_070714.jpg

20130209_142512.jpg

They made me un fold the foil
20130209_142520.jpg

20130209_142527.jpg

20130209_141307.jpg

Getting wrapped
20130209_064636.jpg

IMG_20130209_064818.jpg

20130209_155410.jpg