Can you cook brisket on a rib-o-lator?

Texas Turtle

Take a breath!
Reaction score
I want to get one for my next purchase. I know some big-time comp guys who have pits with rotating trays that seem to turn out really consistent, evenly-cooked brisket. I'd like to have one for ribs, checken, etc but I was wondering if one cut a big packer lengthwise and put it in two trays for balance could you do brisket on it. I doubt that the rotisserie motor would be very happy trying to rotate a single tray with a ten-pound packer on it.

I suppose you could if you cut it into strips that are 4" wide :-D

I thinks that's about how wide the ribolator trays are.

I vote that you give it a try and report back with the results! You know cutting it in that fashion with a good rub on it.........who knows, might just be the next big rage, just might be darn good.

KC

The trays on mine are 4.5 wide and 17" long. I remember when I bought mine Bob has trays that are adjustable in length up to 22" maybe. Have to look and see. I bought the wireless motor for comps and it states will turn 25-30# of meat. IMO that is high. I loaded all 4 trays with spares and sounds like it works a little hard. I am going to buy an electric motor for when we have power at comps and use wireless as back up.

I can say I love my rib-o-lator though. Done chicken, ribs and salmon on it. You should have no issues doing a brisket as long as it is cut to fit trays.

Back