100,000 to the GC in Montana

So if I'm trying to run a scam contest in Montana, I need to make up a fake farm (try finding any proof they exist) and then find a fake image of what I think a farm in Montana looks like ... let me see how about a log cabin... lets try a google image search for "log cabin" for something that I can steal... I'll use the second one because the first would be to obvious.

http://www.decorativehardwareinfo.com/category/cabinet-and-drawer-hardware/drawer-pulls/page/4/

Hold on to your money folks...

I think they tried this in Reno last year... Went after a different group:

http://renoresorts.travel/events/id/E0-001-024136551-4/Bear+Cone+Trading+Post+1st+Annual+Mountain+Bear+Festival+%26+Trail+of+Painted+Ponies+Live+Expo

http://twitter.com/#!/BearCone/

Pretty in depth but 100 teams at $500 a pop is a good score not to mention other sponsors and vendors.

Sorry pretty bored here...

Last edited:
Well...it'll be what it'll be...if it's legit...SouthPaw BBQ will be there...if not we won't...just as simple as that! :cool:

LOL Yea That is funny :)

I gave that Vegas contest away
and the second promoter couldn't
get the guy to make since either

The Vegas Guy ended up doing a
small unsanctioned contest by himself
Lets hope these Guys are not cut from
the same cloth

I wasn't in on all the Vegas contest drama, but did it also have info listed on KCBS like this one does?

The lack of information this far out really does not bother me, but not having the registration information and cost to enter does. I guess we all need to wait to see if they send out the packets they have been saying will be sent soon to see what the details are. We need to stick together and share what is known when it comes out.

The prize money just seems to good to be true, but we can always hope and dream of getting a GC with a 6 figure payout.:thumb:

If it sounds too good to be true, then it usually is. Greed traps the unwary in come-ons like this all the time.

This text is directly from the KCBS sanctioning application form which anyone can download from the KCBS website:

"4. I agree to submit to KCBS a minimum of 90 days prior to the contest a list of all prize monies and a letter guaranteeing payment of said money."

The above statement is one of the conditions that promoters/organizers agree to when they submit their contest to KCBS for sanctioning and something that our team checks to see has actually been filed before we send entry fees to any contest.

You would be amazed at the number of times this commitment is not lived up to by promoters/organizers.

I encourage all teams to check with KCBS to see if this condition has been fulfilled before sending in their contest entry fees. It is one of the very few things teams can do to insure that all the required protections for their investment are in place.

Hold on to your money folks...

Roc City Rib Fest used a picture of my 17th place ribs on their web site header. While I don't think the contest is fake, it does call into question the judgement of the organizers. :becky: :becky: :becky: :becky:

Seriously, I think Brian is right. The Bear Cone Trading Post website has like...3 items for sale, and they say "Due to high prices with the Credit Card charges and PayPal high costs we have decided to keep our prices low and we only accept payments of Checks, Money Orders, Cashiers Checks or Bank Transfers on large purchases." Uh, the only items they list on the site are T-Shirts. Large purchases? Anyone here want to make a wire transfer to buy t-shirts?

They also don't have a street address listed, but claim to have a retail store. (Really drive traffic in that way!) There is also no customer support link on the web site, no phone number, no RMA policy. Either they have a real problem with finishing web sites, or it's a scam. Too bad, never been to Montana.

Hi Ray,

You're right, there is a huge amount of time before this contest hits even the outer time requirements for action and it's getting to be the time of year where the majority of the barbeque contest world is on hold for a few months. (Too bad they don't live in great places like Arizona or Florida where we can have contests all year long!!!) It's kind of like the "Hot Stove" season in Major League Baseball.

That having been said, have a Happy Thanksgiving!

This fellow has responded to a few posts on his facebook page
But not with details to settle things
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...33957639992702&ref=notif&notif_t=feed_comment

Thom, I checked the link 5 hours after your post & recieved the following:
"This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.":mad:
I hope they get some information out soon. The prize money has drawn a lot of interest, but the details are clouded in secrecy. I think I'll just sit on the sideline for now and wait to see what pans out - too many contests locally that weekend to get worked up about this one.

Well I kinda like the way Ray put it
Let's give the guy a couple a days
to get er together. Man the promoter sure
has a lot of folk interested with these
record setting numbers

Back