Open a BBQ restaurant, they said. It will be fun, they said

Dang hope you got it fixed!!!

And I'm sick of cooking!!!! (not really) So I need to try some of your Q

If there's anyway I can help PM me, I can be there in an hour with my cooker, just offering Brother.

2014 is comming and I sure hope 2014 will treats you better! It WILL!

If there's anyway I can help PM me, I can be there in an hour with my cooker, just offering Brother.

That's some great Brethren offering to help. Good people on this board

After reading that the smoker broke down, I was thinking that maybe he should have a plan B like a trailer or something just in case the smoker breaks and it takes a week or so to get parts? Just a thought

Let us know if you will be open this weekend.

Unfortunately I won't be. Contractor called last night and said he's waiting on some parts that are stuck in Lansing, and the ice storm they got delayed the delivery. It's always something...

Thanks, I appreciate it. Looks like I've got everything up and running again and the pit is full this morning for a few "private" catering gigs.

That's some great Brethren offering to help. Good people on this board

After reading that the smoker broke down, I was thinking that maybe he should have a plan B like a trailer or something just in case the smoker breaks and it takes a week or so to get parts? Just a thought

Another pit is certainly coming. I need to get one for off-site catering I'll be doing when it warms up. I tried to buy a nice little BBQ concession trailer about a month ago on craigslist, but somebody beat me to it.

Brutal read, sorry for all the turmoil and challenges getting this thing off the ground. Best wishes to you for 2014 and thanks for all the updates.

What happened that the contractor needs parts? I thought the mechanical was signed off and you just needed the health inspector to sign off as well? I had figured that guy was gone all week for Christmas vacation.

What happened that the contractor needs parts? I thought the mechanical was signed off and you just needed the health inspector to sign off as well? I had figured that guy was gone all week for Christmas vacation.

The inspector "approved" the installation, but he won't come out and actually inspect it until the contractor hooks up the exhaust fan.

It's a bunch of horsecrap is what it is. But I'm sure I've pissed off enough people that this should be expected.

Glad to hear the pit is up and running. but if you ever need any help or need to borrow my Lang just ask. I'm always willing to help out.

Thanks for stopping in, Neil. It was a pleasure to meet you and your wife. And hope you liked the brisket. :mrgreen:

Marubozo, stop and take a breath, then give those cute little piglets of yours some extra love. I'm sure the are worried about their daddy.

• Thanks
Reactions: pwa
Thanks for stopping in, Neil. It was a pleasure to meet you and your wife. And hope you liked the brisket. :mrgreen:

We didn't like the brisket, we LOVED it!:biggrin::thumb::thumb: Jeremy your brisket rocks!!

Any brethren out there that gets close to Soutwest Michigan needs to stop by and support our brother and truly enjoy some delicious bbq. The wife and I are lucky enough to live only about 25 miles northwest of the Prized Pig BBQ restaurant and we go right pass by on our way to Sam's Club in Mishawaka, IN as we did yesterday afternoon. When we saw the lights on and a car in the lot we stopped to check it out and were greeted by Jeremy (Marubozo) and given the grand tour then gratefully accepted a sampling of a brisket point he had just taken off his Souther Pride. Excellent moist, tender, juicey brisket with a great crunchy bark. Great job MARUBOZO. You will be a success.

I don't live close enough, but I think it would be cool for the brethren to set a date after the Prized Pig is open to have a group meal there and raise some attention. Set it for the first Saturday after opening and everyone that's close enough goes, maybe get some media coverage if enough people can make it.

I've been following this saga and it pains me to see it drag out when it seemed like you really had all the bases covered from the beginning and went in with eyes wide open.

Good times are coming, they have to be.

We didn't like the brisket, we LOVED it!:biggrin::thumb::thumb: Jeremy your brisket rocks!!

Any brethren out there that gets close to Soutwest Michigan needs to stop by and support our brother and truly enjoy some delicious bbq.

Can't think of a better first post than this. One of my closest friends lives in South Bend and I'm sure we'll be out that way again many times, so you can bet we'll be by-especially since you refuse to give in to those damned Irish fans.

The silence IS deafening! There are more hangers-on here in cyberspace wanting to know the final outcome of this saga than there is for the annual NCIS cliffhanger!

Back