BBQ Brethren "Lamb" Throwdown

Lamb Chops with a Napa Cabbage/Radicchio Slaw w/Blood Orange Vinaigrette

Lamb6.jpg

Man, there are some good entries here, I need to get cooking. Nice job Jim and Larry.

Wow Larry, that looks great! I hope you're going to tell us more about this Blood Orange Vinaigrette.

Yes, I will...

However, since it's part of my BBQ Bloggers 4 Ingredient Challenge the recipes will have to wait until Monday...

It's all well and good to play with your food, but sometimes you just need to make dinner.

I put together some Greek-style souvlaki. I marinated some chunks of lamb with some EVOO, fresh garlic and onions, and added rosemary, oregano, salt and pepper.

IMG_1296.jpg

Then I skewered these on branches of rosemary and cooked them hot and fast. I served them with tzatziki and some kalamata olives

IMG_1300-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Those look great! We had similar ideas....oh well.

Gore's gyro looked good as well! I love Greek food. I lived in a Greek/Italian neighborhood in Queens for a few years, I sure miss it.

Back to the drawing board for me....:confused::becky::becky:

Well, since Larry posted his, I might as well post mine. So without further adieu, I present to you a marriage of Rosemary-Dijon Lamb Chops and Brown Rice Macaroni Salad with Napa Cabbage and Blood Orange Supremes.

IMG_0456.jpg

As with Larry, I am sworn to secrecy with regards to details until Monday...

dang, I need to get cooking, everyone else is done with their 4-Ingredient challenge.

Well, since I finished my delicioius dinner, I thought it was about time I posted some images of what we enjoyed.

Tonight I made loin lamb chops with a plum reduction sauce containing green peppercorns. The brown and wild rice cooked in beef stock worked well with the grilled asparagus that were marinated in balsamic Italian dressing.

This was a lot of fun preparing and eating. As I have only been a Brethren member since December, I know I have a long way to go, but you gotta start somewhere!!

This also reminded just how great lamb is and what a great cut of meat these loin chops are. Wow!

ingredientssmall.jpg

Basic marinade with Rosemary, Kosher salt, various peppers and garlic
marinatedsmall-1.jpg

On the BGE ready to go
otgreadytogosmall-1.jpg

Medium rare and juicy
cutlambsmall-1.jpg

Plated up with grilled asparagus and brown/wild rice

platedsmall-1.jpg

Hey Marty, I go away for a month and come back to see you everywhere! :thumb: Full Fledged Farker already too. Glad to see a fellow woodworker on here! Seems like you know what your doing around the grill too! Absolutely awesome lamb brother! I dunno why it seems weird saying this but that is some of the best looking rice I've seen in a while. :heh: Competition's looking tough, I think its looking like lamb Friday or Saturday for sure! :shocked: :whoo:

Cheers & (belated) welcome!

Hey Marty, I go away for a month and come back to see you everywhere! :thumb: Full Fledged Farker already too. Glad to see a fellow woodworker on here! Seems like you know what your doing around the grill too! Absolutely awesome lamb brother! I dunno why it seems weird saying this but that is some of the best looking rice I've seen in a while. :heh: Competition's looking tough, I think its looking like lamb Friday or Saturday for sure! :shocked: :whoo:

Cheers & (belated) welcome!

Thanks so much! I have been having a lot of fun on this forum. You guys are great! And the food you guys(and gals) cook is way over the top. World Class!

By the way, the rice went really well with the sauce on the lamb. Double bonus!

You Pharkers are killing me!
So much good stuPh around here!

I love Shaun the Sheep Gore n ECode!
Truelly a work of art!:cool:

Last edited:
ecode, you're killing me. That is awesome! :thumb:

And then there is Paws! :thumb:

And Marty! :thumb:

Think I am going to have to get a new camera, one that will make my outstanding entries look as good as they taste. :becky:

Jakers.. Gore/Ecode ya did it again, :becky: That has to go on the Brethren's "Wall of Fame"....

Gore, that is one magnifficent creation you made. Really made me laugh.

They all look killler guys great job to all but Gore yours is my vote hands down! that was to funny and the Shuan the sheep theme song I spewed my beer and dang near p!ssed my shelf I laughed so hard
GREAT JOB GUYS
Gore I owe you a 12 pack of Long Hammer
RR/Mike

Back