Need some help with this one Brothers and Sisters...

Bossmanbbq

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Sometimes in life things happen that cause us to stop and reflect and thank God for our blessings in life. As many of you know my daughter Kaylee had got real sick and we almost lost her. I'm happy to say that she is doing well and has been signed up for three up coming Kids Q contests for this year! The BBQ Brethren is here favorite Banner and I'm constantly taking the banner out of her room!, I've promised here a shirt real soon, She is a fan, and because of all of you I Thank You once again for what you did for my Daughter...

I'm coming to all of you for help and advice on getting a contest set up next year for a fellow Police officer's son's foundation. I had to get involved in this because of my own experience with my daughter. Officer Romito and his wife Jamie were told by a room full of physicians that there 5 year old son had Duchesne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) which is terminal and has no cure.

I would encourage each of you to go to the Romito Foundation site and read more about there struggle and what is going on in their life to understand why I chose to help them in organizing a contest next year for there son's foundation. www.rundrun.com

This forum is one of the greatest groups of people I know! I know from my own experience how much you all care for not only our love of barbeque, but because of it how it can benefit individuals around us and how it can bless individuals and their life. With that said I can think of no better cause or reason then to help Dominic Romito experience a wonderful life.

I've never done this before so I can use all the knowledge and help I can get. I'm already getting things going with approaching our city events organizers to see if we can include a BBQ contest as part of one of the cities annual celebrations. I'm also looking at alternative venues as well.

I just need to know how to approach individuals for sponsorships, how to go about organizing this so it comes off as a professional contest, one that you all would be proud to attend, and one that will benefit the Romito foundation in fighting for a cure for there son. Because of the experience I had with my own daughter, I have to help with this and have to believe that this could make a difference somehow.

Thanks in advance for your help! You ALL are the greatest individuals I know, and I'm proud to be associated with this group!

Here is a copy of the letter they have released regarding the Foundation and their son Dominic.

Attachments

• Jamie's_Letter[1].doc
    116 KB · Views: 4
Back