Easter Salmon In Memphis...

deguerre

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Just a nice, easy, evening meal. Had a 3 lb salmon filet. I cut the thinner side off then dusted both with lemon powder and a little garlic powder. These sat for about an hour minutes while I made a marinade with 1/3 cup turbinado, 1/3 cup tamari, two tbs lemon juice then the measure filled to 1/3 cup with water then 1/4 cup olive oil. Added a tbs of ginger paste and about 2 tbs of maple syrup then heat til the sugar melts and cool till room temp. Score the fish into serving sizes, stick in the bag, add marinade and vacuseal. Into the fridge for a couple hours. Set the kettle up for indirect, with just a few coals lit in the center of a basket with a couple small chunks of hickory. Let it go. Fish went on when the kettle was about 190. It continued to climb for the cook to about 300 when the salmon was at 140 IT. Pulled to rest. Made an interesting side with a 10 oz package of baby spinach, 5 oz pkg of shiitake mushrooms sliced, half a large onion coarsely chopped and a couple cloves of garlic all stirfried in a wok. Sliced some mini bell peppers and sauteed them in olive oil with crushed red pepper toasted in the oil before the peppers went in. Made extra marinade and reduced that down to a half and served as a sauce for the fish. Plated it up. Twern't bad 'tall.

salmon_zps06edc82f.jpg

marinadesauce_zps09149aff.jpg

salmon1_zps03716e63.jpg

salmon2_zps60b4091f.jpg

salmon4_zps607822e0.jpg

side_zpsd8dbba07.jpg

side1_zps6746109a.jpg

side2_zps5b20e543.jpg

side3_zps1c49fe53.jpg

plate_zps0be6e20d.jpg

plate1_zps860c9c39.jpg

Forgot to add made some angel hair with a little olive oil and Asiago grated in to complete the plate. Redhot said it was my best grilled salmon by far. It was pretty good, I'll admit. :becky::thumb:

That's a great looking feast Guerry! Love the looks of your salmon. :thumb:

Best salmon E-V-E-R! Moist and popping with smoky flavor. Aren't I so lucky, he cooks like that all the time! :thumb:

With meals like that no wonder you are able to lose weight I would say he is the lucky one at least that is how I am with my wife Some how I bet Guerry is the same :-D

Back