View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 05:04 PM   #10
barbefunkoramaque
Babbling Farker

I wish I had all the sleep back I missed from 1997 to about 2003 when for some reason after all the time I spent at Kreuz, I lowered my temps to that 230 range. Lots and lots of sleep missed.

Here is an example of what I mean. I got word at 10:30 that we had company over and I didn't want to go to the store and had a brisket in the fridge. I cranked up the weber kettle (no way I am pulling the meat mama out of the garage anymore (A pit that can do about 24 Briskets or my Brazos which can do maybe 80 if you bank them) and go buy extra ribs and extra briskets to make the 1/4 cord face of wood that feeds that beast worth the effort.

Sop anyway I put it on at 11:00 By 3 it was ready to wrap, and yes I did pan and wrap it in foil because I had no time to waste. At 4 I check the flat portion and it was done. I just snatched a piece and it was phenomenal. Sure I will have a about an inch at the tip of the flat that's two dry to do anything with but BURNT ends but the rest is juicy, smokey, BEEFY and tender and drenching like a hot 3rd cousin in the back seat of my Corvair after we both ate a spiked Cantelope at my family reunion.