THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sticks-n-chicks

Full Fledged Farker
Top 10 ways to determine if your Ready to Compete

Top 10 + ways to determine if your Ready to Compete or are in need of a “BBQ 12 Step Program”
1. You are powerless over BBQ
2. You are driven to places where you see smoke
3. Any time you drive by a butcher shop, Costco or Sam’s you wonder what the price of Brisket is
4. Any time you smell someone cooking outdoors you wonder what their “Technique” is
5. When your wife asks you to rub something, you go to the garage and bring in your personal spices
6. When people ask if you smoke you think they mean meat
7. You would rather stay up all night in the cold, rainy outdoors than sleep in a bed
8. You can talk for hours about what you do to “prep” your meat
9. On Monday you are planning in great detail what you will do from 12:00am to 2:00pm Friday and Saturday
10. When nobody you know calls you on Sat. from 10:00am – 2:00pm
11. If you can't go to the zoo without "sizing up" all the animals, and wondering which rub you would use on that baby elephant
12. If your wife see's you in your nieghbors yard with your chain saw sizing up their apple/cherry tree
13. BBQ Stains are no longer a inconvience

If you show signs of any of the above your are powerless of BBQ and need to seek help. The best place to start is to find a local group close by (www.kcbs.com/events) register for help then when you arrive you will find that you are not alone in this addiction and there are others who can help. Well maybe not "help" but you won't feel so alone.

Last edited:
Good Point

Good Point, BTW great job at the royal burnt finger, you guys were a blast to hang out with on Saturday night, Jon and will be cooking this weekend at Desoto if you want to stop by.

Thanks man! It was great hanging out with you guys too. I've got the in-laws coming to town this weekend, but if I'm able to sneak out I'll swing by. I'm anxious to see your rig.

Top 10 ways to determine if you have a “BBQ Problem” and are in need of a “BBQ 12 Step Program”
1. You are powerless over BBQ
2. You are driven to places where you see smoke
3. Any time you drive by a butcher shop, Costco or Sam’s you wonder what the price of Brisket is
4. Any time you smell someone cooking outdoors you wonder what their “Technique” is
5. When your wife asks you to rub something, you go to the garage and bring in your personal spices
6. When people ask if you smoke you think they mean meat
7. You would rather stay up all night in the cold, rainy outdoors than sleep in a bed
8. You can talk for hours about what you do to “prep” your meat
9. On Monday you are planning in great detail what you will do from 12:00am to 2:00pm Friday and Saturday
10. When nobody you know calls you on Sat. from 10:00am – 2:00pm

If you show signs of any of the above your are powerless of BBQ and need to seek help. The best place to start is to find a local group close by (www.kcbs.com/events) register for help then when you arrive you will find that you are not alone in this addiction and there are others who can help. Well maybe not "help" but you won't feel so alone.

.......if you can't go to the zoo without "sizing up" all the animals, and wondering which rub you would use on that baby elephant.:biggrin:

here's my version, modified for me:

1. I can't eat BBQ anymore.
2. When i see smoke, i assume it's a building burning

3. Any time I drive by a sam's i dread the next time i have to go in there, that place is a mad house. The quality of gloves and the foil has went down hill too.
4. Any time I smell someone cooking outdoors it smells like lighter fluid.
5. When your wife asks you to rub something, I go to the bathroom for about 5 minutes
6. When people ask if you smoke I say only cigars
7. I would rather sleep in bed
8. I can talk for minutes about what you do to “prep” your meat
9. On Monday you are planning in great detail what you will do from 12:00am to 2:00pm Friday and Saturday. (ok, i agree with that one)
10. I still know dumba$$es that still try to call me on Sat. from 10:00am – 2:00pm
11. If you can't go to the zoo without "sizing up" all the animals, and wondering which rub you would use on that baby elephant (agree with this one too)
12. If your wife see's you in your nieghbors yard with your chain saw sizing up their apple/cherry tree (agree with this one too)
13. BBQ Stains are not noticed.

:shock:

Back