Humble Rodeo

Dustaway

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
What a weekend 119 teams ended up cooking this event was damn cold I know not as cold as some of you guys were but for us this was a cold one. no ice needed for the beer I also sleep outside in my chair

I ended up placing 11th in ribs, Zilla with crapshoot placed i think 9th in chicken & 6th in brisket. the food network was on site and competed in the event George Duran (Ham on the Street) He placed 7th in brisket

Here are a few photos

http://adobe.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=rgeh2yu.52cqaiq6&x=0&y=-62gaij

Dustaway sounds like you had some fun and thanks for the pics

Nice pics. I forgot about the trash can dog that you made based on your logo. Looks great at your 'camp'.

It's been a looooooog time since I stayed up for 40 hours straight. We drove in from H-Town this afternoon and shortly thereafter I fell asleep. I just woke up from a little snooze. Ahhhh.... yep the first comp was a whole lot of fun. I got to spend some time chatting with Dustaway and his wife which I enjoyed very much, BTW if you ever get an offer to try Mrs. Dustaways buttermilk pie, say yes! Trust me on this one. I had plenty of time to chat with all the fella's and taste some fine Q. There were 113 teams, Crapshoot BBQ took 7th in Chicken and 9th in brisket. 7th through 10th paid $125 so we covered some expenses. :wink: Had a great time!

Sounds like you guys had a really good time! Congrats!

I'm chompin' at the bit to be at the first competition with hawgsnheifers . . . I'll be sure to wear my long-johns! Looks like those flags were standing straight out which means there was a VERY stiff breeze blowin'! Burrrrr!

/Brother Dave

Back