Party time

Now that my elation has settled I would like to thank every one for the congratulations. This was only our 3rd contest and to walk across the stage at one of the biggest comps was truly a special time. Thanks to all of you!

Congrats on your finish. I am curious about doing Patio Porker next year I was able to hang out with friends cooking ribs and enjoyed it but don't think I want to spend the money they did on the pro side. About how much cost is involved?

Congratulations! We had a great MIM also. The highest we got was 7th in mustard sauce. I was so busy I did not get over to the Patio Porkers side. We were at the other end of the park. There is always next year.

Congrats!! That's got to be one awesome feeling to place at MIM. Keep it up!

Congrats on your finish. I am curious about doing Patio Porker next year I was able to hang out with friends cooking ribs and enjoyed it but don't think I want to spend the money they did on the pro side. About how much cost is involved?
I probably spent between $1500 and $1800 on the contest, I live in Memphis so I didn't have a hotel to deal with. It would be hard to do it any cheaper, I had so little with me it was almost embarrassing. It ws a tremendous amout of fun, if you have the chance you sure should go

The biggest cost is the floor and tent rental if you choose to go that way.

Registration is about $500 for PP where the Pro side will go about $2500 once all the side categories are entered, you can go slightly less with a smaller site.

A walk on stage at Memphis is like no other event, well perhaps second to the Jack, but Memphis is still a great walk.

Back