Food saver ?

Big George's BBQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Just cooked a 8.5 lb sirloin r5oast Plan to slice for sammies It is rare- took it off at 137 degrees. Any ideas on how to stop the juice sucked out of the meat/bag I know I can stop the process early just wondered if there was a better way to seal it

Just cooked a 8.5 lb sirloin r5oast Plan to slice for sammies It is rare- took it off at 137 degrees. Any ideas on how to stop the juice sucked out of the meat/bag I know I can stop the process early just wondered if there was a better way to seal it

put a folded paper towel in the bag just under the sealing area.

I you find a way please let me know - I spent most of last Wednesday night cleaning out mine from juice / drippings. :sick:

I'm not sure if you're planning on slicing it now or later, but you can always freeze it on a tray for a little while then vacusuck it. Or fold up a paper towel and put it between the meat and the sealer.

I've used my foodsaver to seal up chili before. What I do is pre-freeze like Fingerlickin mentioned, once it's fairly solid vacusuck away. Don't use a papertowel, you'll loose the juice (unless you plan to wring out the papertowel...nasty)

I've used my foodsaver to seal up chili before. What I do is pre-freeze like Fingerlickin mentioned, once it's fairly solid vacusuck away. Don't use a papertowel, you'll loose the juice (unless you plan to wring out the papertowel...nasty)

I have been using paper towels for years

it works perfectly fine. You dont lose the juice.

Thanks everyone Any reason why you cant freeze already cooked chicken thighs

Chilling it overnight will help a lot.
I bag up all of our leftover BBQ at comps and since I don't have the option of chilling it and bag it while still hot and juicy, all I do is watch and as soon as the juice starts heading for the seal strip, I just hit the "SEAL" button to stop the vacuum. I may still have to wipe the top with a paper towel, but it helps keep most of the juices from getting all over the place.

They do have these LIQUID BLOCK BAGS that you can buy, but I think they're probably not much more than having the paper towel in the top of the bag. I've never done that because I haven't needed to and I don't want the paper towel in there when I reheat the bags. BUT....I ain't knocking it either.

I have both the roast and turkey breast in fridge Easier to slice if cold

Lol...freeze it first George. Easiest way:-D. And yes you can freeze the thighs too.

all I do is watch and as soon as the juice starts heading for the seal strip, I just hit the "SEAL" button to stop the vacuum. I may still have to wipe the top with a paper towel, but it helps keep most of the juices from getting all over the place.

+1. That's exactly what I do. Never had a problem that way.

Back