Boneless Turkey Breast and MOINK with lots of pron...

Mad Max

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Been feeling under the weather, for a while, so I have been out of commission. The minute I started feeling better, I decide to throw some stuff on the smoker (just what the Doctor ordered..NOT!) Anyways, here is what we did.
Started with some MOINK balls, frozen Italian Meatballs, maple bacon wrapped and then dusted with John Henry's Maple Rub.
food01.jpg

food02.jpg

Brined this boneless turkey breast over night, with TenderQuick, orange juice, brown sugar and garlic powder.
food03.jpg

The breast was then rubbed with EVOO and rubbed with John Henry's Texas Chicken Tickler and orange rind.
food04.jpg

Then covered with maple bacon.
food10.jpg

On the smoker...
food7.jpg

Moink balls done served with Peter Luger's Steak Sauce as a dipping sauce.
food16.jpg

Turkey breast done, internal temp. of 178 degrees, with reg. Kingsford and apple wood chips.
food17.jpg

Served with yellow corn and butter sauce...
food21.jpg

The close up...
food20.jpg

Very, very good. :-D

Looks great. One question though, why not serve the MOINK balls with the turkey and corn?

And I just decided what I'm doing for Thanksgiving.

Looks great. One question though, why not serve the MOINK balls with the turkey and corn?

And I just decided what I'm doing for Thanksgiving.
MOINK was done about 1 hour before the turkey breast. It is hard NOT to sample on the MOINK while waiting and with my wife's idea of the Steak Sauce as a dipping sauce, it was all like most New Yorkers would say FORGETABOUTIT!!!! :p

MOINK was done about 1 hour before the turkey breast. It is hard NOT to sample on the MOINK while waiting and with my wife's idea of the Steak Sauce as a dipping sauce, it was all like most New Yorkers would say FORGETABOUTIT!!!! :p

HA HA!! That's what I figured.....the MOINK never made it to the table did it?

Food looks great. Turkey sure looks juicy. Brining anything poultry sure makes a difference.

HUNGRY!!!!

HA HA!! That's what I figured.....the MOINK never made it to the table did it?

Food looks great. Turkey sure looks juicy. Brining anything poultry sure makes a difference.

HUNGRY!!!!

:cry::cry: Poor little MOINK, never had a chance!!!

Glad to see you onboard again...glad your feeling better...Kid ver 1.0 & 2.0 are sick...

Back