Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Hallsville, Mo, Feb 11 & 12, 2011

Rookie'48

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Is anyone doing the Polar Bear comp at Hallsville on Feb 11 & 12? I'll be there to judge this one to start off the year - cabin fever mod :bored:. Does anyone know of a cheap motel near there?

columbia is just a short shot from there. that will be your best variety of choices. wife and i are judging as well. keith

unfornately I will be there cooking. Going to be cold - cabin fever got the best of me. Now I need to find a generator to borrow.

Called Aimee today. At this point has about 10 extra judges possibly, but with weather you never know. I am thinking about coming out Sat. morning and seeing if she needs any help, otherwise will just hang out and watch awards. Good luck to all!

See you there Dave! You should get some pretty good Q this weekend. I'm trying to stay positive, it is going to be a weekend out of my comfort zone in more ways than one.

looks like we may slip into some decent weather for the contest. 30 degrees Friday 40 degrees Saturday. keith

We're cooking at this one. Should be a good time! This contest couldn't come at a better time....I'm starting to go stir crazy:shock:

Maybe I'll get to meet some of you guys there....Jon (Three Porks and a Smoker)

If I just put the Templeton in the back of the truck bed do you think it'll get cold enough? :p :rolleyes: :becky:

Good luck to everyone. Looks like it will be cool but not stupid cold. keith

We finished in the top half, I was OK with that. For those of you that cooked through Nov-Feb, it was obvious in your results. We had to cook without Sweet T, who was still down with the flu. Timing was a little off on most everything we did, and the cold weather didn't help. We tried to do a little visiting Friday night, but most were inside out of the weather.
Good to see Dave and the Templeton's, glad you came to judge the contest.
Being consistent in all 4 categories is what wins contests and Swine Assassins brought it in all 4, congrats on the 696 overall.
Out of town teams came to Mid-Missouri and did a good job this weekend. It's tough to come here and win.
Congrats to all that walked.

We helped judge this one. Had a great time it out and seeing everyone. We had some good Q on our table and I had fun judging for my first time ever. Some tough competition and good teams were there for sure. I sure felt for the teams cooking, it was a mess in the mud and water and probably made for a long cook slopping around in the wet and cold. We stayed for awards and had fun cheering everyone on that walked. Congrats to everyone that walked - it was a TOUGH field!

Back