WOO-HOO! We're approved! Again!

With the first one we did. The second one is run by the same group so we were recommended by the lady who runs the first one.

Marsha, not quite the ways it's done. You have to submit an application. If the market wants you and you're a food vendor then they ask for samples. If you're good then they either recommend you to other market managers or they are the manager for more then one market.

Mista, keep all your reciepts, check your pockets before you throw your the clothes in the wash. Keep the CFO happy!

We checked out Atwater Village yesterday and the market is about 3 x's the size of Watts. I expect to do a lot better there. The only thing is they asked us not to do chicken since we'll be directly across from the guy whose whole menu consist of something with chicken.

We also ran into one of the fruit vendors from Watts and he told us since he's been there he's sold out every weekend and he's ordering a whole brisket this coming Sunday.

Marsha, not quite the ways it's done. You have to submit an application. If the market wants you and you're a food vendor then they ask for samples. If you're good then they either recommend you to other market managers or they are the manager for more then one market.
Thank you for the information! We have been thinking of approaching a couple of the local farmer's markets around here. Our only problem is that we have vending events at festivals and such on most of the weekends in the summer.

Thanks for remembering me Brian. Neil may do all the cooking but I'm the one that has to keep up with the paperwork. And with Neil that ain't easy.

Same here MrsMista! My hubby would never make it if he didn't have me to do all of the organizing, paperwork, applications, etc. Okay, maybe he would, but he would not be organized, that's for certain. ;)

We checked out Atwater Village yesterday and the market is about 3 x's the size of Watts. I expect to do a lot better there. The only thing is they asked us not to do chicken since we'll be directly across from the guy whose whole menu consist of something with chicken.

We also ran into one of the fruit vendors from Watts and he told us since he's been there he's sold out every weekend and he's ordering a whole brisket this coming Sunday.

See, your good reputation is going to follow you!

Ah, you assumed I was being fascetious. I did say Excellent! That could be taken a few ways. In this case, you were looking for the work and found it. Excellent! as in Fantastic! Fabulous! As in that's a Farmer's Market I might feel comfortable enough to attend without a crew of Brethren surrounding me. Not that I'd be scared by myself in Watts....but my wife wouldn't go with me....yeah, that's it, the wife wouldn't go so I couldn't....

I am sure that Watts is a lot different today compared to when I was there. I was assigned to work there in the early 70's (not sure if you were born yet :wink:). It was not too long after the little incident in 64. The guy I had to replace was murdered on the job in broad daylight. I was reminded that I was NOT welcome in that community by most, not all, people. But that was almost 40 years ago. Different people have different memories of things. P.S. I am almost 6'6" and had the chit scared outta me several times down there!
If you (or Mrs) are serious about growing your business, shoot me a PM. We may be able too work something out!

NUTZ

NUTZ

I am sure that Watts is a lot different today compared to when I was there. I was assigned to work there in the early 70's (not sure if you were born yet :wink:). It was not too long after the little incident in 64. The guy I had to replace was murdered on the job in broad daylight. I was reminded that I was NOT welcome in that community by most, not all, people. But that was almost 40 years ago. Different people have different memories of things. P.S. I am almost 6'6" and had the chit scared outta me several times down there!
If you (or Mrs) are serious about growing your business, shoot me a PM. We may be able too work something out!

NUTZ

NUTZ

People still have old fears from old events that they were never a part of but only heard about and I'm pretty sure a lot not true. I have a cousin that lives not 5 minutes away and she won't even let her daughters come up there to hang out with us. Such is life. Besides if you don't have a deadly weapon, I don't scare easy.

Got home today and checked the messages on the business line. Lawndale Farmers Market wants us to start this Wednesday. I was going to call her tomorrow but she kept calling and Neil finally answered the phone. That's when we found out she wanted us to start this week. She told us a way to fast track the health permit issue and could we do it.

After talking it over we decided it was to short a notice but that we would start next week. I told Neil if we get the other market that we want on Friday he could look forward to quitting sooner then we planned.

Sucka duck me would have to stay at my job longer.

Sundays can be a money maker if you do that thing I told ya about Neil. But it does not work without the marketing though. You remember the thing, right?

WE just got our second Farmers Market in the City of Atwater! It will be on Sundays!

We'll be ready to go once we get another health permit for that location (basically just another fee).

I am excited!!!

Cornish Hens are not chicken. Do them Smoked in Red or Yellow (heavy Paprika or heavy Curry)

Nah... that would be trouble huh?

Sundays can be a money maker if you do that thing I told ya about Neil. But it does not work without the marketing though. You remember the thing, right?

I can't ask you which thing you are talking about if you don't clean out your PM inbox!

Back