View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 09:49 AM   #9
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

It's allright - some good grilling stuff. For low & slow, they're basically assuming you don't have a smoker & their method involves using the Weber kettle as a smoker - while there is nothing wrong with that, I'm confident most if not all people here have some kind of smoker. They talk about soaking wood chips (ahem), but there are some good basic rub & sauce recipes.

I haven't looked at the book in awhile, but my basic take would be the recipes are good but if you've been bbqing for awhile, you should probably go with the methods you already know. I've made a couple things out of apl's Serious Barbecue book lately and have really enjoyed that.
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote