Need GOOD Q in Albuquerque

JohnJ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Well, I am here in Albuquerque for a couple of days for the Fiery Foods Show and I need a good BBQ joint maybe in the north part of Albuquerque. Heck... anywhere in the area would be great.

I searched the forum and saw the post below on Rudy's but there has to be a ma and pa joint or a fellow brethren member here that has great Q that someone can recommend.

So any tips would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

John

Mr Powdrell's Barbeque House
5209 4th Street Northwest
Albuquerque, NM 87107-5102

This is supposed to be good. Dr. BBQ speaks highly of it in his Road Trip book.

Well after several suggestions and looking over reviews on the web about Mr. Powdrell's we decided to go ahead and try the place. We tried the one in the NE on 4th St.

It is interesting that there were people in there that loved the food and truly proved to me that one man's junk is another man's treasure.

Appearance 7
Texture 6 Ribs 5 almost over smoked (creosote like taste).
Taste 5

BBQ sauce... well.... not my cup of tea at all. Matter of fact, didn't like it at all! Would have been better without it.

Black beans and rice (a side)... not like what I have had in the south but were just okay.

Oh yea... service was okay but the young gal that waited on us certainly wanted to be anyplace else.

My .02 cent opinion = Below average. YMMV!

John

Not surprising. Albq. is not noted for BBQ. Next time have something with green chilies in it. They know green chilies. :icon_cool

I've eaten at the Rudy's there several times and been disappointed each and every time. It's franchise BBQ so what do you expect.

Back