G$, Bandera Constructed

Status
Not open for further replies.

G$

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
G$ put his new Bandera together today. May fire it up tommorrow to season.

Thanks for the advice, information, stories and jokes you all have posted, and those yet to come.

Welcome board G$. Great to have you and we look forward to your contributions. Don't forget to do the essential mods (baffle and fire grate) for best results.

Excellent start G Money! Welcome aboard and let us know when your first cook is so we can hoist a glass your way!

Welcome aboard G. Enjoy what you learn and share what you know, it's what we do.

Wait a minute, G$ - that doesn't mean G-money, does it? It means G-STRING! HEHEHE

<gets some more coffee>

Wellcome G-Money!!! Just junp in...........and hang on! Weren't you in New Jack City? :D Loved that movie!!!

Thanks for the welcome everyone .....I think. Just an update, I have yet to season the Bandera, because I figured I opught to wait and get a thermometer or two first. Also have a question about the contrversial wet wood chips, but i will head over to Qtalk for that.

Step away from the farking wet wood chips! :twisted:

ya dont need a thermometer to season. Just coat the whole thing down with oil(peanut or canola).. or its ok to use Pam. Fire it up, alternate between high heat.. 350-450 or better and heavy smoke. run the firebox damper full open, then choke them down to generate some smoke, then open them up again. 4-6 hours is best. Door thermometer is fine for that door. Just push it past 350 and higher and it will be fine for seasoning. REad the section on seasoning in Bandera 101. Some cold wood on a hot fire will also get the smoke ya want. Remember for seasoningm, you WANT to break the rules and generate a little heavier whiter smoke than you would normally cook with.

'New' ones do not even come with door therm .... just a silver button ........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back