Judges Score Sheet Needed.

Brewmaster

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I am planning to do a practice cook and was curious if anyone had a picture of the score sheet the judges use to write down their scores.

Thanks,
Nate

Printable would be even better. I was going to make my own, but if you can save me some time that would be great!!!

Thanks,
Nate

Last edited:
Man I wish I could've made this little cook you're doing Nate. Sounds like fun. Well at least until the judges start commenting on your turn-ins! :frusty:

Maybe you could tape your reactions to the judging as well. That should be good.

See ya soon!

Rick

If it isn't too much trouble I would be grateful if I could
get a copy of that printable file judge's score sheet too.

Thank you.

You can make your own but can't copy the KCBS scoresheet. Need 4 columns and 7 rows in excel. Headings are box number, appearance, taste tenderness. Judges write in box number before they give out the appearance score.

Comment on the bottom - Score between 2 and 9 and 7 is average. You can get more info reading the KCBS rules for 2010.

Then if you want to use the weighting for KCBS (not legal unless it's strictly practice) just build a spreadsheet to calculate the scores for each team and drop the lowest after the calcualtions for weighting have been done. It's real easy to do for a 10 - 12 team event.

I am trying to make it as authentic as possible for the 6 judges and 4 teams I have. I have already created the Judging Plates. I found pictures for that online, and I also have an excel sheet for entering and weighting the scores. If someone just has a picture or something I could start from it would be great.

Thanks,

Nate

Comment on the bottom - Score between 2 and 9 and 7 is average. You can get more info reading the KCBS rules for 2010.

Score card changed this year to:
9. excellent
8. very good
7. above average
6. average
5. below average
4. poor
3. bad
2. inedible

I am new to the BBQ world and would like to see one of the score sheets as well

Back